5 Ways To Invest In Yourself

5 Ways To Invest In Yourself

"If not us, Who? If not now, When?"

16
5 Ways To Invest In Yourself
Peter Jackson

Investing in yourself is key in order to actually LIVE your life. When you hear the word “invest”, you probably think about stocks and bonds. While it is important to invest in the financial market, it is even more crucial to invest in yourself. Yet, the principle can apply to both meanings. People invest their money because they expect a greater return on that money in the long run. If you invest in yourself now, you should not only expect to be a better version of yourself, but you WILL be a better version of yourself in the future. By focusing on the “now”, you can guarantee yourself the life you’ve always envisioned.

Here are some actionable steps you can take right now to start investing in yourself and YOUR life:

1. Read more books.

The human brain is our most powerful tool. The more we learn and absorb, the more we are better equipped to handle the problems that life throws at us. Would you want to have the same brain power that you had five or ten years ago? You should strive to be a little bit more knowledgeable everyday. Make it a habit to be constantly learning. Start reading books that will make you smarter and not necessarily entertain you.

2. Eat good food.

Without good health, you will lack the energy necessary to do great things with your life. Eating whole, unprocessed foods will not only nourish you but also provide you with long-term health. Focus on the fruits and veggies!

3. Take time for yourself.

If you’re familiar with self-love and self-care, then you know what I’m aiming at here. Go for a mindful walk, take a longer lunch break, attend that yoga class you’ve been meaning to go to for a while—do something that will nourish your SOUL. Balance is essential to a fulfilling life. By taking the time to love ourselves, we can truly accept where we are in the present moment.

4. Be creative.

Instead of spending your time consuming what other people have created, why not create something of your own? This goes for anything like music, blogs, recipes, etc. See where your passion, strengths and interests intersect. From that point, you can create something excellent. Develop your craft and see how far you can go. Once you start, you’ve already won half the battle.

5. Set goals.

Many people wander through life without even knowing what they actually want. YOU are in the driver’s seat. If you don’t have any sense of direction, you might as well not even own a license. It’s helpful to set both short-term and long-term goals. Write them down! Look at them every day when you wake up and before you go to bed. What’s even more important is to have the know-how and discipline to achieve your goals, whatever they may be.

These are just some simple steps to help you get started in investing in your very own life. Take them and integrate them into your lifestyle. Turn it into a routine and before you realize, it will already be a habit. Always aim to go one step forward, never backwards. If you start investing in yourself today, imagine where you could be in five or ten years.

Please comment any suggestions or tips you may have yourself!