5 Ways To Improve Your Road Trip

5 Ways To Improve Your Road Trip

Tips to make that long drive more enjoyable.

24
5 Ways To Improve Your Road Trip
The Plunge

Do you have a long trip ahead of you? Are you headed for that long over do vacation? Are you about to spend hours traveling in a vehicle? Are you dreading the long trip ahead of you? Do you want some way to make the long hours pass more quickly with more enjoyment? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions then this article is for you. It will provide you with five helpful tips on ways you can improve your road trip.

1. Bring Movies to Watch.

Watching your favorite movies is definitely a good way to pass the time. Of course, this only applies if you are not the one driving. Please do not try and drive and watch movies. That would be very dangerous. If you are a passenger, find some way to play your movies. There are various ways you can do this. Some vehicles come equipped with DVD players and screens for you to view the movies you bring along. If you do not have one of these vehicles, you can bring along a travel DVD player to even your laptop to play movies on. Another possible way to watch movies is to download movies on your phone, tablet, etc. that you can stream on the road. I suggest downloading them while you are somewhere with WiFi to save on data charges.

I am currently taking a trip with my family, and I have definitely packed plenty of movies to watch. I have DVDs and my laptop. I also have movies downloaded on my Kindle Fire to watch. I can verify that these movies have definitely helped the long hours sitting in the backseat of my parents' car much more enjoyable.

2. Pack Reading Materials.

If you get car sick in any way, this tip may not be the best for you. If you can handle reading and riding, then this tip is perfect for you. Do you have homework or reading assignments you need to catch up on? Bring those with you. Do you have a new book you are simply dying to read? Pack that in your bag. Do you want to catch up on the news? Bring a newspaper with you. Are you behind on the latest gossip magazines? You can read those as well. Whether it's a book or an article you can bring it to read. Your favorite reads will make those long hours fly by as you get lost in the words on the page.

There are many ways you can bring the above things. Of course, there are the traditional paper and hardback books that allow you to turn the pages in your hands. There are also printed newspapers and magazines. If you do not want to carry multiple books or even just the one, you can download any of these things on your phone, tablet, etc.

3. Play Fun Games.

Do you remember those games you played as a child when you traveled? You can still play classics such as iSpy, scavenger hunts, ABCs on the road signs, Slug Bug, Yellow Car, and many more just like them. It's a simple way to have some fun as you travel. If you can't think of any games or just don't like any of them, make up your own fun game. Making up the rules as you travel can make the game that much more fun, and you may even start a new family tradition while you're at it.

Depending on how you are traveling and where you are sitting in the vehicle, you may even to play some card games or other travel sized games. No matter what game you play, make sure to stay lighthearted and just have fun with it.

4. Bring Along Adult Coloring Books.

One of the latest trends are adult coloring books. The intricate details and designs will you provide you with hours of coloring fun. You can bring your favorite coloring utensils whether that is sharpies/markers, pencils, or crayons. No matter what you like to color with, these amazing coloring books will be sure to keep you entertained for as long as you like. One thing you have to be careful of though is trying to color in a moving vehicle. There are bumps and turns that can easily mess you up. Although being in a moving vehicle can make this more difficult, it is not impossible to accomplish.

5. Never Travel Alone!

This is quite possibly the most important tip I could provide you with. No one wants to drive alone for hours; it is absolutely no fun. Travel with close friends are your family. With multiple people in the car, each of the above tips become even more fun. Plus, you get the added bonus of conversation as you travel. When there are others with, you can also alternate who drives to give the driver a break. Also, you can jam out to your favorite tunes when you are in a group of friends and/or family. If you are planning on traveling with other people, though, make sure they are people you get along with. If you are fighting and arguing the trip will be even longer than if you were alone.

No matter how you plan on taking that road trip or who you are taking it with, remember to be safe and try to have as much fun as possible! Road trips can be an absolute blast if everyone involved makes the best of them. Also, enjoy the time you have to travel. Even though you really want to get to your destination, the journey there can be enjoyed and you may see things you won't ever get the chance to see again.