5 Ways Falling Apart Saved My Life

5 Ways Falling Apart Saved My Life

We all fall apart you aren't alone.

19
5 Ways Falling Apart Saved My Life
katlynn goodsell

When I think of someone falling apart, the first thing that comes to my mind is weakness. How can someone be strong if everything is crashing down on them. If their life is falling apart are they really doing anything to hold themselves together? These are all assumptions that someone from the outside will think of when they see someone struggling. Very few people decide to stick around and help because they don't take the time to understand. It can be easy to distance yourselves from these people, but truth is we have all been there. I know that if I wouldn't have fallen apart at one point I would never have had the chance to put myself back together. If I wouldn't have been broken down I would never have had the chance to become stronger and happier in the long run. Here are 5 ways falling down changed my life.

1. You Realize Who Your True Friends Are

The ones who stick with you while your world is falling apart are the people you want around you when you have everything together. These are the people you want to call your best friends and your support system. When you get rid of the toxic people in your life suddenly you feel free. We all have stress and one of the only things that can help is being able to lean on other people.

2. You Become a Better Version of Yourself

When you don't feel like yourself anymore, you understand that part of who you were isn't the real you. It is more clear who the person you want to be is. Suddenly the person you used to see in the mirror who made you think you were a failure, and worthless is gone. The person looking back at you is beautiful, happy, and successful. You worked hard to be that person, make her proud. You get up everyday to not go back to the way you were, and to never, ever feel that way again.

3. Priorities Change

Suddenly you want to do things that matter. Your life matters again, you have time to think about things that will better you as a person and better your soul. You find what truly makes you happy. You also realize all the world has to offer, and all you have to offer the world. The newfound inspiration makes you want to try new things and look at things in a different way. Maybe pick up a hobby and try something new.

4. You Appreciate Your Life

There is a difference in how you see yourself and what you want out of your life. You take up more opportunities, take more risks, and cleanse yourself of the things that are toxic. When there is a newfound appreciation for your life, its amazing how much more fulfilled it feels. Before getting out of bed was a struggle because all you wanted to do was hide from your problems and the rest of the world. If you could just hide away for a little bit maybe they would go away. But now life is something you want to be apart of again. You want to be around people and have a good time. There is a balance that wasn't there before.

5. You Grow Up

The pointless things that used to matter and consume your world suddenly don't anymore. Life becomes less about pleasing others and more about doing things that will better yourself. You that responsibility is a part of being successful and happy.

By making it through a time when you are broken it is now clear that even though that person is still apart of you, that person doesn't define you anymore. You found the strength to rebuild a broken version of yourself into something strong and beautiful. That is the person you want to make stronger and aspire to be everyday.