5 Ways To Keep That Extra Holiday Weight Off

5
Pexels.com

The holidays are here and we all know that means lots of good eating. Around this time of year, people are especially concerned with packing on the pounds because 1) there's a ton of celebratory eating this time of year and 2) the weather is colder so there's lots of lounging around on the couch going on. It's also easier to hide the extra weight under bulky, winter wear.

However, the studies show that the average person only gains about two pounds during the holiday season. But if you're still concerned about putting on a few extra lbs here's a few activities you could do to keep all that pumpkin pie and stuffing from going straight to your ass:

1. Hiking

The weather may be a little bit colder (unless you live in Texas like me and winter seems to have gotten lost,) but a good hike is always a great idea to get some exercise in and it's relaxing. Just double up on the layers if it's a little chilly and go enjoy the scenery.

2. Shopping

To anyone who has ever gone shopping on Black Friday, you know how big of a workout this is. Now other countries like Canada aren't as cutthroat, but shopping on Black Friday is the American consumer's equivalent to running with the bulls. It works so many areas: there's your calves from running to get your hands on a 55" smart tv or the new Playstation, triceps and biceps from elbowing through crowds and/or punching aggressive soccer moms and let's not forget the strengthening of your core by practicing sit-ups while waiting in lines for doors to open at 6 a.m. If you missed shopping on Black Friday this year don't worry, there will be other sales.

3. Caroling

There's nothing like walking door to door singing cheerful Christmas tunes to get that heart rate up. This is a great way to get out of the house while spreading holiday cheer in the process.

4. Twerking

Have an ugly sweater twerk contest where you and your friends can twerk the night away in those ugly Christmas sweaters your grandma knits for you every year but you never wear. Bring out your inner ho ho ho in a festive way.

5. Yoga

Yoga is a bonafide stress reliever. The holidays are a time of gathering with one's family but dealing with your family can be stressful. We all have that one cousin who gets on everybody's damn nerves.It may be a good idea to brush up on your yoga before interacting with the family again so you can chill out.