Five Upcoming Movies I'm Excited To See

Five Upcoming Movies I'm Excited To See

Summer 2016 is here, and so are some great new movies!

7
Five Upcoming Movies I'm Excited To See
AMC Theatres

Summer is one of the best times of the year because so many new movies come out, and this summer appears like it won’t disappoint. Seemingly every time I turn on my TV or go to watch a YouTube video an ad for an upcoming movie comes on, and rather than change the channel or press the “skip ad” button, I’m immediately hooked! That being said, I’ve compiled a list of upcoming movies that I’m super excited to see when they get to theaters!

"Now You See Me 2" — In theaters June 10th

When the first Now You See Me movie came out I was super excited to see it (hello, Dave Franco), and then was blown away with the entire ending. It sort of gave off the Oceans Eleven vibe mixed with a magic show, and it was pretty cool. Now most of the cast is back for the second film and I’m once again super excited to go see it! Not to mention it also has a great cast with Jesse Esienberg. Dave Franco, Woody Harrelson, Lizzy Caplan (from "Mean Girls"), Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman and Daniel Radcliffe. This movie hit theaters last Friday, and if you didn’t get to see it opening weekend I highly suggest that you see it soon!

"The Conjuring 2" – In theaters June 10th

The first Conjuring was scary … this one looks even scarier! I’ve always been a fan of scary movies, so I’m super pumped to go see this one! Basically a husband/wife team of paranormal investigators is sent to London to help figure out what is wrong with a possessed eleven-year-old girl. Seems like a great movie to grab some friends and check out.

"Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" – In theaters July 8th

I have been looking forward to seeing this movie since I first saw the trailer months ago! Not only does it have Zac Efron and Aubrey Plaza (who were great together in "Dirty Grandpa"), but also Adam Devine and Anna Kendrick. The plot of the movie is Mike and Dave (Efron and Devine) need dates for their sister’s wedding in Hawaii, and find two “respectable” girls to take as their dates. This movie looks hilarious, has a great young cast, and I cannot wait to see it as soon as it hits theaters July 8.

"Nerve" – In theaters July 27th

This is a movie that I just saw the first preview for a few days ago, but I’m definitely interested in seeing. It stars Emma Roberts and Dave Franco (his second movie on this list) as two players in an interactive game called “Nerve.” The game is based on dares that viewers ask them to do, and with every dare that they complete they make money. However if they don’t want to do a dare, they lose it all! This movie definitely looks worth dragging my roommates to go see when it comes out later this summer.

"Jason Bourne" – In theaters July 29th

Matt Damon is back in his role of Jason Bourne for the fifth installment of the Bourne series! I’ve seen all the other Bourne movies, and I’m very excited for another film. Also it is great to see Damon back in the role, since his absence in the last film didn’t go over as well.