5 Unspoken Rules Of Being A Cat Person

5 Unspoken Rules Of Being A Cat Person

Some not-so-common rules of owning a cat!
90

No matter if you're a cat or a dog person, having a cat living under your roof is going to be an experience. If you don't have a cat, you might not understand why people go through the trouble of having a cat. Yes, cats can be very particular about how they want attention, but anyone who knows their cat well enough knows it's worth it. They also understand these hidden rules that come with owning a cat.

1.

Don't pet the belly

No matter how tempting it is when a cat rolls on their back, it's usually a trap. Some cats don't mind when you pet their soft belly fur, but it's safe to say that's a minority. If you fall for this trick, you'll come away with quite a few scratches!

2.

You are the cat's chair

All cats are different in regard to how often they want to cuddle up to you, but in all cases, cat owners know this. If your cat sits on you, you wait until they get up to move. It's almost impossible to overcome the guilt, otherwise.

3.

Cat-proofing is required

There are lots of ways curious cats will get into trouble, but some of it can be prevented. Always put away paper towel rolls or make sure to store them where the cats can't go. Shut doors behind you if you don't want to risk things getting knocked around.

4.

Food is usually the answer

When a cat seems to be purposefully misbehaving around you, it's probably because they want something from you. The answer is usually related to food. This can become a problem when you've already fed your cat five times that day, and they're still not content.

5.

Blink back

When your cat is staring and purring at you, they'll slowly close their eyes and open them again. This isn't because they're having some sort of staring contest with you. Slow-blinking is a way of saying "I love you" in cat! So if you love your cat, be sure to blink back.