5 Tips To Survive Finals

5 Tips To Survive Finals

Here are a few tips to help you stay on track and finish out the semester strong!
1

With finals upon us and the holidays right around the corner, it's so easy to get overwhelmed and distracted! Here are a few tips to help you stay on track and finish out the semester strong!

1. Stop the procrastination!

As tempting as it is to ignore the stress and put off studying until the last minute, pause the Netflix and think about the 3 week break you'll have to binge watch all the Friends you want!

2. Turn the TV off & the music on.

Some people have to study in complete silence, and others need background noise to help them concentrate. If you turn off the TV and listen to songs you've already heard and enjoyed, your concentration won't be elsewhere and you'll have the perfect background noise to get you through the studying!

3. Ask for help!

Your teachers want you to succeed, just because it's finals time doesn't mean they've stopped being a teacher! Ask questions if you have them and reach out if you need help to ensure you nail your final!

4. Teach it!

One of the best tricks for studying is to teach other people what you're learning! If you can tell someone all about the endocrine system, all of its functions and parts, you can better navigate the exam with an application understanding!

5. Don't forget to take a break!

Finals are stressful and studying for hours without giving your brain a break defeats the purpose of studying! Be sure to give your brain a rest and hit the gym to keep your mind fresh and work off that underlying stress!

Remember, you're almost done! And then, it's time to forget about school for a but and enjoy the holiday season!