Start off the semester as a strong, organized student.  None of this dilly dallying or excuses.

If you want to be a successful difference maker- you’re going to need these tools to show the world what your made of. 

1.No More Excuses - Reach Goals At Your Fingertips.
There are a bajillion and fifty nutrition, weight loss, workout, cardio, abs, YOU NAME IT  apps out there.  My personal favorites are the free of charge, Nike Training Club, RunKeeper, and Lose It.  These aps get to know you, from your BMI to your individual goals.  You can get a daily workout plan to fit your goals and even set an alarm to make sure you do it.  Nutrition apps like MyFitnessPal and LoseIt count calories, macronutrients, and keep in mind your personal goals and preferences.

2. Need someone to kick your @$$ for you? 
Free week is Monday August 25- Sunday August 31 to try Group Exercise (GroupX) classes at your very own CoRec!  From Body Sculpt, to INSANITY, to WERQ hip hop and Yoga Flow, GroupX offers everything.  Powered by high-energy music,  challenging exercises, and motivating instructors.  With over 70 classes a week, there has got to be something to meet your swag, and schedule.  Give it a try!  If you want to buy a pass, they are $45 and may be purchased online.

3. But The Food At School Is So UNHEALTHY!!
Did you know we’ve got a demonstration kitchen full of healthy eating and educationally delicious food demos?  Just like Rachel Ray!  Except most of the demonstrators are dietetics students.  So they know their ish on how to keep you lean and loving life.  The first demo features American soul food at its finest: Vegan Americana Demo, Monday September 8th 7-8pm at the CoRec Demo Kitch made with love by yours truly!  Try my Famous Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers, Fat-Free BBQ Wings, Ranch Dressing, and Mom’s Rediculous Vegan Cornbread.  All vegan and gluten free.  Space is limited so call the CoRec at 765-494-3110 asap to reserve your spot!

4. Sick of listening to a sister complain? 
"Urg, I have so many meetings today."...stop right there!  If you can change something, then take action! Change it! But if you can’t change it, then you have two choices: (1) either accept it and let go of the negativity, or (2) make yourself miserable by obsessing over it.

5. Allow yourself to experience joy.
Believe it or not, many people, including myself, have trouble letting themselves have fun.  It is possible to be addicted to problems and the chaos in life so much that these people wouldn’t even know who they are without their problems. So try to allow yourself to be happy! Even if it’s just for a small moment, it’s important to focus on joy, not your hardships.

PS. No matter what you are doing: ENJOY YOURSELF!  Stay in shape doing something you love to do.  Stress leads to fat storage, people!  When diet and exercise get stressful, take a deep breath, and be like wtf.  Give yourself a hug and have fun kicking @$$.  Catch you in the sky, superhero.