5 Tips To Keep Your Long Distance Relationship Healthy

Long Distance is hard, but can be easy as 123.
20

Long distance can be hard, but with the right person it will make the whole thing ten times easier. Between the miles and busy times, it's hard to stay faithful and focused on one person but if you put in the effort, it'll be easy as 1-2-3. These small, simple and non-time consuming things can easily brighten up your lover's day and make the both of you happy.

1. Communication

Communication is key in any type of relationship, but for long distance it is crucial. Knowing how your partner is doing or how their day went can make your day better and put you in a better mood. It can also show that you care about your partner even if they are thousands of miles away. It'll feel easy with the right person, and it will be all worth it in the end.

2. Trust

The most hard, and obvious tip. Putting your trust in your partner will help with the distance because your mind won't wonder when thinking about what your partner is doing. Trusting your partner can not only help you now but also in the future. Jealousy may show up when thinking about your partner going out with friends, but the trust will help 100 percent of the time. You have to trust your partner to wait for you and if you have the right one, they will. Honesty can help with trust as well and will help your relationship grow and become healthy and stay that way.

3. FaceTime or Skype Dates

For long distance, this is like going on a real date, but not as scary. You can still watch your favorite movie, show, or talk about your day and watch each other laugh. You don't have to put too much effort in to it, you can even fall asleep while doing this. This activity will make your relationship seem semi-normal and will bring you and your partner closer.

4. Selfies on the daily

Sending selfies to your partner will always be a must but with long distance relationships, it can help that void of not being with each other. Send one on your way to work, class or before you go to bed to make your partner feel like they are there and they get to see you in every aspect of your life even though they can't be there to witness it for themselves.

5. Remind yourself that this is all worth it

It gets hard at night, or when you see happy couples eating lunch or walking to class together and you wish for about .2 seconds that that was you but then you remember the really good partner that you have and how you wouldn't trade them for the world. You'll want to throw that white flag up, but after a day like that, Skype or call your partner and tell them how much you mean to them. It's only temporary and the distance will be over soon.