5 Tips For Incoming Freshmen Or Transfer Students At Missouri State

I was you last semester.

12
Photo by Jess Bailey on Unsplash

It is not easy transferring to a new school. You will have to make new friends and take new classes. Chances are Missouri State will probably be bigger than the school you are coming from but don't worry I am here to help.

1. Find clubs and organizations.

Don't tell yourself that you wont have time for a club because of work, join and you will thank me later. I was the girl who transferred in January and couldn't find any clubs to join so it was hard to make friends out of class and I ate lunch by myself a lot.

2.Talk to people

Chances are you will be in at least one class that relates to your major and chances are there are people in there who you will see in different classes a lot. Last year I took CSD 210 and CSD 209, I sat with a group of girls who ended up ALL being in both classes, we had lots of after class study dates. I made some of my best friends by just talking to people.

3. Find activities on campus before or after class.

They can literally be the simplest things like every day before math class you might go in early to the study tables and you might end up seeing the same person every day and you two will become friends. You just have to talk to people, they aren't scary.

4. Spend extra time in your building.

What I mean by this is everyone has a building where most of their classes that relate to their major, are located. For example, mine is the professional building by the parking garage and every day I would park in the parking garage and go study in the Professional Building even if I didn't have classes in there that day. This is where you will find out every thing you need to know about your major and you'll find your related clubs.

5. Use the Bear Line.

Download the Missouri State app and use the bear line map. My route is green but you will find your route by looking at the map and seeing what color goes closest to your classes. The bear line will save you serious time and you will meet people on there too!

Good luck at Missouri State, you will find your home here.