10 Times Stars Hollow Was The Place To Be

"Where You Lead, I Will Follow"

17
youtube

After year's of being behind I finally decided to start watching the famous mother-daughter duo of "Gilmore Girls". No one loves a good comedic family drama more than I do. But I wasn't too sure how I would feel about since it has been well over a decade since it was airing on television. Fortunately, we live in a world now where Netflix exists and I can enjoy the show by binge-watching and let me say this: I don't think I would be able to wait every week for a new episode. Most episodes (especially season finales) leave you on a cliffhanger that keeps you wanting more. For any "Gilmore Girls" fan longs to live in small town of Stars Hollow where they can visit Miss. Patty's dance studio, grab a coffee at Luke's Diner, and attend the weekly town meetings ran by Taylor Doose. This is 10 times Stars Hollow has been the ultimate place to live:

1. The First Snow Of The Year

Lorelai Gilmore always reminded us that snow is this magical thing that falls from the sky every winter and that it always came at the best times. Everything good thing that happened always occurred before or after snow was falling onto the green grass throughout Stars Hollow. This gave a positive perspective for anyone who watched the snow.

2. Luke's Food (And Coffee)

I may have just been hungry whenever I watched the snow. But whenever Lorelai, Rory, or Kirk was in Luke's diner and had food placed in front of them it just looked delicious. Also, whenever he placed that large coffee cup, filled to the top, in front of Lorelai or Rory my heart yearned for a cup of my own.

3. The Dragonfly Inn

I have always preferred the idea of staying in a small town inn rather than a luxurious hotel. There is something so cozy and homey about staying at a small inn that is run by fellow town residents. And you would always be able to much on Sookie's delicious, well throughout of meals for the day whenever you wanted. Oh! And they have a stable where you can go out for a ride on a horse. The Dragonfly Inn just has a very special unique feel to that everyone would enjoy.

4. Town Meetings

Taylor Doose is always trying to come up with something new for the town of Stars Hollow and most of the time the town residents aren't usually too happy with his new ideas. There is always a fight that breaks out in the middle of the town meeting that it would be too interesting to miss!

5. The Unplanned Visits of Jess Mariano

Whether you were team Dean or Jess, you have to admit that Jess made everyone's heart skip a beat. With his bad boy appearance, but every intellectual personality, this boy was full of surprises. After moving to Stars Hollow and causing trouble throughout the town, you never knew what expect from him. While he did cause trouble, he had the kindest heart and never wanted to hurt anyone.

6. Kirk's Various Jobs

It seems like every few episodes Kirk has a different job. At first, I was trying to keep up with all of the different ones, but after a while, I just couldn't keep track anymore and ended up losing track of them. Who knew that such a small town would have so many jobs for one man to do. He even worked at places that weren't established businesses within the town of Stars Hollow.

7. Stars Hollow Hosts For Every Kind Of Event..Literally Anything!

To name just a few: the Revolutionary War Reenactments, The Charity Picnic Basket Auction, Stars Hollow Annual Dance Marathon, or even the Knitathon. If you can think of the most obscure event that your town has done, Stars Hollow has just one-uped you with their enthusiasm to celebrate any kind of event or occasion.

8. Al's Pancake House

While viewers have only seen Al's Pancake House a number of times, there is a lot of talk about it throughout the town. You would think that the restaurant would just sell various different breakfast food, with their speciality being pancakes, but you're wrong. They sell things like pancakes all the way to lobster. Most of the time Al's doesn't get the best review, but what can you expect from a pancake house??

9. The Town Gossipers: Miss Patty and Babette

If you were away from the town for the weekend and needed an update on what happened, Miss Patty and Babette are the people you need to find. These women know everything little detail about every single person in the town, no matter how private some people try to be. While they do mean well, they sure know how to get the juiciest gossip that is happening around the town.

10. Overall, The Wholesome Community

Of course, it is easy for a small town to know everything about each other. But these are the people they have grown up with all of their lives and every single resident in Stars Hollow would not want to grow up anywhere else. There is always something new going on and as stated before you can always find out the newest events from Miss Patty or Babette without a problem.

It is such a blessing that the creators were able to make a show that will catch anyone's attention. The writer of the show actually got the idea from visiting a small town in Connecticut, how ironic. Small towns can have a lot more inspiration and drama than anyone could ever expect. Coming from a smaller town myself, I can be the first one to say that when everyone knows everyone else's business can make things very messy very quickly. But I wouldn't want to have grown up anywhere else. And I'm sure the people of Stars Hollow have thought the same thing.