5 Things To Do With Your Roomies, But Only If You Want To Become Froomies

Time to throw out those passive aggressive sticky notes.
144

We all know the struggle of having roommates in college. It’s something that’s very bittersweet. You either love them or hate them or fall somewhere in the middle. There are some things I think are necessary to do with your roommates to build and maintain a healthy relationship.

1. Make time to have dinner together

This might sound silly, but just taking one hour out of your day and preparing a meal together and getting the chance to sit down and talk about your day will help your relationship immensely.

2. Have a roomies' night out

I get it, you live with them so you might not want to spend every ounce of your free time with them, but I’m telling you, setting aside just a few dates to go out and get stupid can really do wonders.

3. Vent to one another

You don't truly know someone until you live with them. They know your habits, (good and bad), your routine, and your friends. It doesn't hurt to share your feelings and exchange advice with one another.

4. Go grocery shopping together

Another task that might sound silly to do together, but it’s a lot easier to try to live a healthy lifestyle and eat better when you have someone on your team to help you and work together. And even if you're not shopping for organic bananas, it’s still not as fun to shop for popcorn chicken alone.

5. Set aside time to clean the place together

This will make those passive-aggressive notes left on the fridge and group chats vanish. If you set aside time to tackle the chores together, it won't result in fights about who left their chipotle in the fridge for 2 weeks. Communication is key.