5 Things I Never Thanked My Parents For

5 Things I Never Thanked My Parents For

I love you both more than I could ever put into words.

15
5 Things I Never Thanked My Parents For
Just Real Moms

I will be the first to step up and say, “I have amazing parents.” Although this is true, they definitely don’t get all the thanks they deserve from me.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made for me.

Thank you, Dad, for all those times you dropped what you were doing to bring the book I needed to school, and all the times you gave me rides to my friend’s houses before I got my license when you had other things you could have been doing. Thank you for sacrificing your time to make me supper every night after you worked all day long.

Thank you, Mom, for coming to all my important events even though you had so much work to do. I know your job requires a lot of your time but you still always manage to come to events that you know are important to me (even though I always teased you about cheering for me during sporting events).

Thank you for all the advice you offer to me.

I know that I don’t always take the advice you give me right away, but eventually I realize that the majority of the time you’re right. I may disagree with you at the time, but it is just because I am stubborn (I wonder where I got that, right mom?). I don’t tell you enough how much I appreciate having such smart parents who want what is best for me.

Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

I have made my fair share of mistakes, but thank you for never holding these against me. I am sure you have been pretty angry with me at times, but you always let it go and help me figure out what to do next — I can’t thank you enough for this. I appreciate that every time I hang up the phone or leave the house I get an “I love you” from both of you.

Thank you for giving me siblings.

Not all people are lucky enough to say they have any siblings, let alone five. I can’t imagine my life without my siblings, I know I can go to any one of them with a problem I have, and just like you guys, they are more than willing to help me out. Growing up with siblings has taught me so many things, like although you may fight, things always work out in the end. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Thank you for showing me how to treat other people and showing me how I should be treated.

Anyone who knows either of you will say that you are always the first to help other people out. I am lucky enough to have learned this from you both and have used it on a daily basis since. Dad, how you treat my mom has shown me how a woman should be treated by a man. I know the man I marry has some very high standards to meet. Because of the things you both have taught me I have learned how to treat other people with kindness and respect.

The list goes on and on, but these are a few of my favorite things about having such amazing parents. I love you both more than I could ever put into words. Thank you for everything you have done for me and our family.

Love,

Your daughter

P.S. This article is not to be used against me next time I am angry with you.