5 Things I've Learned From Gossip

5 Things I've Learned From Gossip

84

"Gossip girl here. Your only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite." - Gossip Girl .

Gossip is one of those things that everyone takes part in at least once in their lifetime, and it is also something that people furiously deny that they do. Gossip causes a lot of unnecessary drama and rumors, and honestly sometimes it can get really annoying. However, sometimes you just find the drama of someone else's life more interesting than yours and you just feel the need to talk about it. Gossip also brings a lot of people together. A lot of people are brought together through gossip, but also gossip causes a lot of people to be torn apart. Occasionally gossip is really interesting, and I don't really think it is that to gossip within your small little group of friends. However, there's a point where you probably shouldn't just say certain things to people outside of your friend group. Gossip is entertaining and it's also extremely dangerous. I'd 150% be lying if I said I didn't gossip. I gossip and I know it's really bad that I do that, but don't judge me because everyone gossips. Also, if you gossip about me (which people do) then you bet your ass I'm gonna gossip about you gossiping about me. I don't like false rumors being spread about myself, just like you probably wouldn't like it if I spread false rumors around about you. Gossiping was more relevant in high school, in my opinion, then in college but it's definitely still prevalent in my life. I've learned a few things from gossip that I am sure are very relatable.

1. I hate being gossiped about. It does not feel good at all when you hear your name being whispered and feel the eyes of everyone in the room on you. Turns out words actually do hurt, and hearing all the different, absurd rumors, make you feel horrible about yourself.

2. Rumors are usually the farthest thing from the truth. It starts off as "Oh she went to the movies with him" and then all of a sudden it escalates into "Oh yeah I heard they had sex in the bathroom of the movie theater".

3. Everyone loves good gossip and drama. I swear people are born to be nosy creatures. Watching drama happen is like watching a really intense action-packed movie, and everyone comes prepared with snacks.

4. Some people secretly love to be gossiped about, that I do not understand. I'd personally rather be invisible than be talked about all the time.

5. Gossip ruins friendships and relationships. Your best friend could instantly turn into your biggest enemy with the help of one tiny rumor.

Just be careful the next time you decide to spread a rumor or relay information to one person to another. Gossip is hard to avoid, sometimes it is almost impossible to avoid, but just think twice before saying something. You never know how your words will affect someone.

"You know you love me."

XOXO