5 Tips To Help With Your Stress During Finals Week

De-stress tips!

9
CengageBrainiac

1. Take deep breathes

An important thing to do when you start to feel overwhelmed is to just stop for a moment and take a deep breathe. Count to 10 and just take a quick, silent, calm moment for yourself. This is more important than you think. This honestly can real help when you are feeling overwhelmed and that something is just too much.

2. Take breaks

Yes, I know the work load is insane during finals week and your freaking out over it all, plus all the final exams you are studying for. But what can really help is taking breaks. If you take a 30 minute break in between subjects or assignments, it will help feel less over whelmed and will make you feel less drained and run down. It will also help you finish the work and procrastinate less because you are getting that break to breathe and take a rest from it all.

3. Stay organized

If you have a plan of action and you do not leave everything for the last moment, then it will be easier and less stressful. This will all get done and you will not be pulling all-nighters trying to study and get things done because you procrastinated way too much.

4. Do not cut out the world

Just because it is finals week and you have a lot to do does not mean you can't go out and do something to take your mind off of things. Going out just for an hour or so can really help you relax and make things easier for when it is time to get back to the work and studying.

5. Study with friends

Another thing that can really help is doing the work or studying with friends. This can make things easier because you have people to bounce off ideas and to review things with. Sometimes it even helps just knowing others are going through the same things you are, and that alone helps de-stress.