5 Things Only A Girl With Older Brothers Understands

A little sister's superhero.

346
wallpapers.mi9

Growing up, I was raised around five siblings: one sister and four brothers. Three of my siblings are older than me, our ages ranging from 28 all the way to 14. I, being the “baby” at my dad’s, became close with my older brothers. Here are five things only girls with older brothers will understand.

1. He is going to be the first man to ever adore you.

Older brothers will always be the first man, next to your father, to love you more than any man ever could. He is going to watch you grow up to be a beautiful young lady, but will have also seen all of the good, bad, and ugly moments in your life. Especially those moments when you wake up looking like Medusa’s long lost twin sister, or the moments when you look like a beauty queen. He does not care how bad you look and will always tell you that you are beautiful. He also will be one of the first people to watch you go through those seriously awkward phases in middle school. He may make fun of you, but it is out of love.

2. He is going to be the first person you want to be like.

It may not seem like it, but when little girls follow around their big brothers, they strive to be like them one day. Always trying to be just as brave and strong as him. To him, it may be annoying at the time, but to you it is a way of connecting on a whole new level. You pick up some of the things that he does and you begin to do them, even if they aren't the most “lady-like” traits.

3. Despite how much you want to beat each other up at times, he is going to be the first to stand up for you when people disrespect you.

Remember all those times you fought with each other and called each other very mean names or said some hurtful things? Well that is only OK for you two to do to each other, because about the first time somebody even says anything remotely offensive to you, he will always be the first one there to defend you. Even when you may not be completely innocent, it is always big brother to the rescue.

4. The boys better watch out.

When big brother has a say in it, no man will ever be good enough for his baby sister -- that is until he finds a guy that he thinks is good enough for you and then he will still find a reason to not completely like him. There is only one thing a little sister’s boyfriend needs to know and it is that her older brother is highly protective and knows every move that he makes and will step in if need be.

5. He will be your first superhero.

He is always there to save you from trouble. There will be times he will get you into trouble, but there will also be times where he will get you out of it. He is going to be the person that you want to follow around and be just like. The person when you are older you want to be the proudest of you. The person who you will strive to impress. He is the only man that you will never lose.

To all the older brothers out there, this is from the little girls that you’ve watched grow.