5 Things For My Friends Who Became Family

Thank you.

6
Ashley Conte

Some people aren't fortunate enough to have lifelong friends for different reasons such as constantly moving or finding out they have fake friends. However, I happen to be one of the lucky ones. Not only do I have really close friends, but also friends who turned into family and I am forever grateful for that.

I haven't seen most of my blood family since I was young, so I really didn't hear from them for my birthday all these years, and they never attempted to visit me at any point in their lives. It honestly sucked because, here I have these God parents and many cousins and aunts or uncles I'll never get to see and truthfully, don't want to see. They should've made more of an effort than they did.

When you've been ignored a good majority of your life by people who are blood, you start looking for people who will always be there and that you can share fun times with. When you know what it's like to be pushed away by your own family, you know you'll never want to do that to your own. It's good to find friends who understand and are there because who knows, they may have family problems of their own. I was lucky to find great people in my life who have surpassed the friend stage and have gone right to family stage. There are a few things I need to let my friends know:

1) You'll always have a home with me.

When things get rough for you at your home or if you need that extra boost, you know where I am. I will never judge you for when you come to me. I will open my door and greet you with love every time. I'll be a safe place for you and you can call me and vent or cry and I'll just listen to you. You can sit with me and spill your heart out and I'll hold you tight. Whatever it is, you have a home with me.

2) Thank you for the countless times you've been there for me.

I realize it's not always easy with me. I can sometimes be too much and it may drive you crazy when I'm constantly apologizing, but I can't help that. Thank you for spending birthday celebrations with me or cheering me on in your own way. Thank you for telling me you're proud of me when you know I need it. Thank you for listening to me vent or cry when something tragic happens or I'm just feeling down. Most importantly, thank you for telling me how much I mean to you and that you guys love me and you make sure I know it.

3) Adventures and memories are always amazing.

All the trips we've gone on and all the times we've spent together will forever be in my mind. The photos of the good times are posted for the world to see and sit in my photo album, which I constantly find myself looking at. We could simply be sitting by a fire or hanging at a party and it would be the best time because it's with you guys.

4) I'm constantly over your house.

I can't tell you how many times I have probably spent the night at your house. If I'm sitting at your dinner table with your family then we've probably reached that point of them becoming my family as well. Or if I come over just to spend time with your family even when you're not home.

5) I have so much love for you.

I will always be proud of you. I will always cheer you on for your great achievements big or small. I will always be forever grateful that you became family when blood decided I wasn't good enough and I will always have an endless amount of love for you.

Sincerely, Me.