5 Things Commuting College Student Want You To know

4. Gas money is a thing.

14

A lot of people seem to have misconceptions of what it means to be a commuting college student. They don't seem to understand that college is not easier just because you opt out of going away to school. College is still a struggle regardless. People also tend to think that since you didn't go away to school you are missing out of the whole college experience. However, that is not true either. Commuting college students are just misunderstood, so here at 5 things that every commuter college student wants you to know.

1. Yes, we do have social lives.

Just because most of us still live with our parents does not mean we don't ever have fun. We still go out and do our own things, we don't still get treated like we did in high school.

2. I am still on my own.

Although, it's true, I do still live with my parents, they don't do everything for me anymore. Just because I am not living on my own at college does not mean I can't be independent.

3. I am very busy.

Chances are if you are going to school locally, you have a job. There isn't enough time in the day --it seems-- to have enough time for classes, studying, homework, actual work and what is left of you social life. We may look like we have it together but we are all over the place.

4. Gas money is a thing.

Am I saving money by staying local? Perhaps. Sure, I don't have to pay rent and pay for all the essentials but I mean have you seen how much I spend in gas??

5. College is still difficult at times.

We still have equally as hard classes and exams to get through no matter where you go to school.