5 Stages Of Grief: Trump Edition
Politics

5 Stages Of Grief: Trump Edition

This political year has left a flurry of emotions.

58
5 Stages Of Grief: Trump Edition
Right Side Broadcasting

Something very important happened this past week. A historic, groundbreaking event that America has been waiting for for months, leaving everyone glued to their screens.

That's right: I am talking about the full trailer for the Power Rangers 2017 movie being released! Check it out on YouTube!

Oh, and Trump got inaugurated, or something.

If you are like me, political revelations that have come to light since November has been disheartening, to say the least. Absolutely devastating is a little more accurate. So much so, that I have found myself going through the five stages of grief.

1. Denial

There is no way anyone would really allow this walking pile of yam mush to have one of the most important and powerful positions in the world. He has absolutely no experience, cannot go two seconds on Twitter without yelling at someone, and seems to be made of nothing but hot air, racism, sexism, and ableism. There is no way he is going to win.

2. Anger

What is everyone thinking? How could he possibly win over Hillary Clinton? Are you even listening to the things he says? Why are you trusting a repeatedly failed businessman over a woman who has had decades of experience in the political field? And if part of your reason involves e-mails your face will meet my keyboard, make no mistake.

3. Bargaining

Okay, Jill Stein, I have no idea what you are about, but I am willing to spend around or donate anything you need to get this recount going. My money or time is a small price to pay in order to keep that slimeball and his gang of heathens out of power.

4. Depression

So the recount did not go through, Trump is inaugurated, and the climate change and LGBTQA rights pages are already gone from the white house website. His entire cabinet are working towards setting back all of the accomplishments made in the past eight years. I do not feel safe enough to go outside right now.

5. Acceptance

In this case, acceptance does not come in the form of complacency. Here, acceptance comes in the form of willingness to act. Yes, Trump is president, but that means it is time for us, the nation, to work at all costs to keep the progressiveness of science and civil rights going, and further prove that love trumps hate. Even if our superiors will not.