5 Songs That Make Me Nostalgic

5 Songs That Make Me Nostalgic

I'm sure I've said this before, but music is the way into someone's heart and soul.

27
5 Songs That Make Me Nostalgic
Photo credit: AndYaDontStop via Foter.com / CC BY

Ever since my family moved to Pennsylvania I have missed them more than ever. I have a couple videos on my phone that help with the distance, but that doesn't always do the trick. A great thing that helps is music. Certain songs bring back thoughts and wonderful feelings from my childhood. These songs, for the most part, bring back memories of my dad. These aren’t the only songs that remind me of my family, but they are the first ones that came to mind. I love my dad and these songs bring back happy memories of him. I'm sure I've said this before, but music is the way into someone's heart and soul. I love my family and I love these songs. This music brings me closer to the people who are not immediately by my side. When you read this and listen to the songs, you should think of songs that remind you of your loved ones.

1. Heaven by Los Lonely Boys

This is a song that I listened to and sang with my dad when I was little. It took me about 5 years to remember the name of the song so that I could put it on my phone, but I found it. When I listen to it, I remember laughing with my dad and good times.

2. Buy Me A Boat by Chris Janson

Buy Me A Boat is a song that my brother and dad love! I can hear my dad and brother singing it when I think about this song. I can remember standing in line at the water park with my brother and singing the chorus with him about 30 times.

3. Drift Away by Uncle Kracker

This is another song from my childhood but has grown into so much more. If I am riding in the car with my family and this song comes on, we all sing-along.

4. Heaven by Warrant

This is a song that is in my dad's playlist. I love this song and I love hearing my dad sing-along. It may be a tad bit vain, but I like to believe that he thinks of me when he sings the line, "I don't need to be the king of the world, as long as I'm the hero of this little girl."

5. Follow Me by Uncle Kracker

This is another song from my past. (My dad enjoys Uncle Kracker.) I loved singing along as a child. It wasn't until a couple years ago that I understood the meaning behind the song, but I still love the beat and flow of the song.