5 Songs From 1999 I'll Always Love

5 Songs From 1999 I'll Always Love

These 5 Pop Hits Are Sure To Get You Traveling Right Down Nostalgia Lane

20
5 Songs From 1999 I'll Always Love
urbandictionary.com

If you're an older millennial, or maybe even a younger one, 1999 was truly a fantastic year for music. Britney Spears, N'SYNC and Destiny's Child were conquering the globe and working on changing pop music. As someone who was only seven years old, 1999 was one of the first years where I was listening to music and actually remembering it. If you're in the same boat, there's probably quite a few songs from the 90s that define your childhood. There's maybe even a few that you still jam out to in the car. Here are five that I still love and don't dare to delete off my iPod.

1. "Genie In A Bottle" by Christina Aguilera

This song was my LITERAL jam. I used to play this entire album on repeat until I was absolutely sick of it. While most of us probably didn't have a clue what anything in this song meant, we didn't hesitate to dance and sing along. It's easy to forget that this Christina even existed, because it wasn't long before hits like "Dirrty" exploded and left this beauty in the dust.

2. "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child

Siiiigh. Long before Beyonce had the surname Carter and a ridiculously successful solo career, there was Destiny's Child. One of my personal favorites was 'Say My Name', despite not really understanding the song at all. The video, the beat, just the song was so fun and different from the rest of the music that most people I knew listened to. There's a reason Beyonce brought back the girls to sing with her at the Super Bowl; they were quite the show to see.

3. "No Scrubs" by TLC

Not only is this song fun and an instant throwback to the 90s, it's also something a lot of my friends quote and live by to this day! We still dance to it at the club and sing the lyrics as loud as we can. "A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly and is also known as a buster. Always talkin' about what he wants and just sits on his broke ass." Hell yeah, girl! Tell that loser to get lost. And then play this song as you're driving away. Don't let any scrub try to holler at ya.

4. "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time on You" by N'SYNC

Man, I sure do love a good boyband ballad and this is one of the best. N'SYNC knew how to do make us fall in love with every single one of them, and this 'God Must Have Spent' was the song that made me a big fan. Five beautiful boys are telling you how perfect you are, what's not to love? The 90s was a huge time for boybands and N'SYNC was top notch, this power ballad being one of their best.

5. "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears

Boy, this song brings back the memories! Sure, maybe it wasn't the best song to listen to as a seven year old. The shimmies, short skirts and sexy dancing weren't exactly kid friendly. Despite that, Britney was every girl's role model in the 90s and probably still is today. We all loved her, and this song, and I don't know many millennials who don't rock out to this pop hit any time it plays.