5 Simple New Year's Resolutions That Will Improve Your Life In 2017

Don't worry I got you covered for this 2017 New Year's resolution

14
Photo Gallery of a Dream- New Year

Every year New Year's rolls around and people continue to ask you, "What's your New Year's resolution this year?" And once again you continue to say I don't know! Well don't worry, because here are 5 simple New Year's resolutions that you can do this New Year of 2017!

Make A New Friend

As life goes on friends come and go and it is tough to find true friends that are in it with you for the long-haul. This is why you can never stop trying to make those positive connections and find friends that are the best for you. So this year, go out of your way to make a new friend and give the relationship with this new person a try. It may not be friendship at first sight, but relationships take time to build and you have a whole year so don’t rush it just to say you completed your New Year’s resolution. The point of having a resolution is to change an aspect of your life for the better, not to mark it up as done. This can be a meaningful way to create new connections and give yourself the chance to find a great new friend. Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and make the effort to try a friendship with a new person. You may be surprised who could turn out to be an awesome friend!

Save Money For Rainy Days

You never know when you might need some of your sock money to fix that leak in your engine or replace your computer that fell off the table. These wonderful things happen and it seems like always at the worst of times. For you need to save money for the rainy days like that. This can be very simple if you follow through with it. The first step of saving money successfully is using or starting your own savings account at your bank. This way the money you are saving is not at your fingertips to spend in your checking account. That is just too tempting for anyone, don’t put yourself in that situation if you want to truly save money. Next, determine how much you want to put aside from each paycheck you get, a weekly amount, or whatever works best for you. You need to fashion this around yourself, so it works and you will continue to do it, in order to reach your money-saving goal. Then, the amount and time period you chose you need to follow through with once you made that decision. So, like myself, I save $100 from each paycheck I get every 2 weeks. Therefore, when I receive my paycheck I immediately transfer $100 from my checking account to my savings. Immediately is the key, don’t wait to do it, you must do it right away if you want to be successful with saving that money, instead of spending it. Sometimes people are able to portions of their paychecks sent to different accounts, so that would work, as well. Then, all you must do from there is follow through and in no time you will have money saved away for rainy days that hit you out of nowhere.

Create A Healthy Lifestyle

So many people choose to lose weight and get healthier for their New Year’s resolution, but as we all know many people burn out after a few weeks of that. So to say you will continue exercising and eating healthy all year may be a challenge for some. So instead choose to make small changes to your lifestyle to make it healthy. Decide to stop drinking pop and drink water in exchange for it. Once you see changes in your healthy from a small decision like that, then you will want to make more healthy choices for yourself. Don’t dive fully in all at once, ease yourself into change and it will work better. And don’t go on a diet for a week and be super healthy and then the next week go back to eating bad and not exercising again. Put these changes into your lifestyle instead and that is where you will see real positive changes in your life that will continue.

Make A Small Difference In Another Person’s Life

So much we think about ourselves and our needs that we forget that other people also have needs and could use help with those from time to time. So, for your New Year’s resolution consider making a small difference in a person’s life of your choosing. It could be a complete stranger, a family member, or even the receptionist at your doctor’s office. Just choose someone. Then, make an effort to do small acts of kindness to help them. It doesn’t have to be every day or even every month. It just needs to be every once in awhile, whatever works for you! Something as simple as getting them a coffee or sending them a card that says they are loved. Any act of kindness can brighten someone’s day. And the best thing about this is that it doesn’t have to be anything hard to do, you can do whatever you like. Just make the effort to think about someone before yourself once in awhile and you will be amazed the difference it makes in your life and how grateful you feel for what you have. Try it out and you might be surprised what happens!

Find A Passion And Enjoy It

People get caught up in the day-to-day tasks, their work, and responsibilities, that sometimes they forget that they too need time for themselves and what they love to do to be happy and have a good life. So this New Year’s rediscover your old passion you love or go out and find a new one that makes you smile. Give yourself the time to enjoy life and step away from all the stress and go, go, go of everyday life to do what you love. It is important to have an outlet to escape to and have things to do that you take pleasure in. And if you don’t have a passion, like so many of us, then just start trying things you think you might like and see what happens. What is the worst that can happen, you try yoga and hate it and never go again? So, that was a good experience, new one, that now you tried out and can mark it off your list as one you may not like. And through the process of finding your passion it is okay to not like some things you try, this is how to find what you love. Give it time and you will eventually find what makes you wanna get up in the morning and excites you to no end. Discovering and actively engaging in your passion to a gift to yourself and your happiness, so allow yourself to do and may you will even find a little enjoyment in it!

Have a wonderful New Year and remember New Year’s resolutions don’t have to be big, they can be small changes that make all the difference. Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy my articles each week.

Thank you!