5 Signs Your Relationship Is Moving Too Fast

The healthiest relationships move at the right pace

499
WeHeartIt

Are you moving too fast in your new relationship? Remember, the healthiest relationships move at the right pace. Here are some signs that your relationship is moving too quickly:

1. You're already Facebook official

What? C'mon! You're moving too fast if you've been together less than a month and you're already Facebook official and changing your profile and header pictures to photos of the two of you together. There is nothing more premature (or immature) in the early stages of a relationship than making it public on social media. You need to "know" the other person first, and I'm sorry, but you can't do that in a few months, much less a few weeks.

2. The L word

I hate to break it to you, but if you're telling each other "I love you" before the three-month mark—nine times out of ten—it's not love, it's basic infatuation. You can't be sure that you are in love with someone while you're still in the honeymoon phase of a relationship. You might be in love with the idea of them, but you're not in love with them. Don't get the two confused.

3. The honeymoon stage

Your friends and family will forgive you when you vanish into a new relationship, but if you stay gone longer than a month, you risk the chance of never coming back. The honeymoon stage is just that, a stage, and after a month, your whole focus shouldn't be each other. Your relationship needs to survive in the real world.

4. Social media

Similar to Facebook official and changing your profile pictures to photos of the two of you together too soon, if you're constantly posting about each other and sharing photos on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, you should take a step back and reevaluate your relationship. Believe me, your friends and family don't actually think it's cute—it's annoying and gag-worthy—and they're wondering why you're so eager to make everything public with someone you barely know. What does it say about your relationship that you feel the need to always show off in front of everyone on a regular basis? Statistics have proven that healthier relationships stay off social media more often. Have dinner and go out with each other without showing the world every single time.

5. Moving in

Whoa slow down! If you haven't been together a year—much less six months—and you're already discussing uprooting your lives and moving in together? You need to calm down. This is a big step in any relationship, and it's natural to talk about it after you've been together awhile, (longer than six months) but before that? It could, and most likely will, destroy your relationship. Especially if you make this decision while you're still in the honeymoon stage. You need to "know" someone (sound familiar?) before you decide to live with them full time.