5 Signs You Need To Grow Up

5 Signs You Need To Grow Up

There comes a time where you have to get your shit together.

1528
5 Signs You Need To Grow Up
123rf.com

I always imagined that after graduating High School a whole new world would come into perspective, leaving behind all the hate, drama and immaturity behind us as we tossed our graduation caps high above us. Looking at things now, I thought people are supposed to mature with age and I've seemed to notice those in my class and even those ahead of me haven't grasped that concept. Of course, these people are aging in appearances but mentally they're incapable of acting like an adult or even a decent human being. I'm not saying as we grow up we should become boring, but there are certain aspects of life that we need to gain control of to really grow. Basically, if you are still doing these things, it's time to grow up and I am not sorry to be the person to rain on your parade.

1. Always Playing The Victim

Being unable to accept responsility or handle constructive criticism is a major key in growing up. Sometimes, actually, a lot of the time you're going to be wrong. Always acting like someone is out to get you as if you are incapable of making a mistake is arrogant and beyond immature. Once you've crossed over into reality you'll understand that not everything is perfect, not everyone is a decent person, something happen because people suck and other times, you suck.

2. You Don't Pay For Anything

It's one thing to be laid off and miss out on income. I'm pointing fingers at the people who are too lazy to get a job but rely off of those around them. The same thing goes for those people who blow all their money on alcohol, the people who go out and buy unnecessary shit and the people who go out to dinner every night because they don't know how to cook. These are the people that are more concerned about their social status rather than saving their money for reasonable things like geez, I don't know, a house? A car? Bills? Student Loans?

3. You Love Everyone

I've come across an insane amount of people who throw around the word "Love" way too carelessly. Seriously, thinking you're "in love" with every person you've spent more than three days with is some middle school shit. First of all, you don't fully know someone until you've spent AT LEAST half of a year with them. Along with that, people who jump in and out of relationships so often that you can't catch up. I feel as though people now, are intrested in the quanity of people they can date rather than the quality. You should be looking for a potential spouse when you date someone, not looking for a flavor of the week. If you're one of those people, I sincerely hope you end up alone in the end.

4. You Spend Too Much Time Worrying About Others

If you're looking through someones Facebook and see something intriguing and your first instinct is to screen shot it and send it in your group messages to talk shit, grow up. If you're constantly subtweeting on twitter about people you don't know, drama that's not even there, you shouldn't be able to touch a mobil device. You're basically the worse one because you're not just subtweeting once, but multiple times in a row. If you're stalking someones Instagram comparing yourself to the amount of likes they get compared to yourself, grow up. I mean, all of this is pretty self explanatory. WHO GIVES A SHIT.

5. You Can't Say No

You need to learn how to stand your ground. It's common to be encourages to engage in activities or decisions that you really don't have interest in. At one point it was the time to go out and experience all the things you thought you needed to do before you die. At a certain point however, you gotta stop that. You can't be 26 years old, working your day job and getting completely shiftless on a Tuesday night because your friends told you to do it. You can't let people control you and tell you what to do, especially when it comes to things you are in control of.

Long story short, if you're able to buy a beer, lay off on the twitter, instagram and petty shit. Stop being lazy, get a job, meet awesome people, stand your ground and don't be a fucking idiot.