5 Reasons You Should Attend Pitt State

5 Reasons You Should Attend Pitt State

Aside from the Harambe memes...
76

About a year ago, I visited a little(ish) college called Pittsburg State University. It was like a movie. Frightened little high school senior getting thrown into the pond of growing up finds herself a home within the first hour of being there. Now, a year later, I am attending school here. So, if you're a high school senior, or junior, or just browsing for colleges, here are five reasons as to why you should attend this wonderful school.

1. Pittsburg, KS is a small town with plenty to do. When I first visited Pitt, I didn't think there would be anything to do, and on some days it still feels like that. But with a Braums, a bowling alley, and other restaurants, there's plenty of stuff left to do when you and your friends get bored.

2. The campus is absolutely beautiful. As soon as I came onto campus, I was shocked by how pretty it is here. From the buildings to the landscape. Everywhere you turn there is something to look at.

3. Everyone is nice. Three weeks into living here, I have yet to meet an unkind person. Like every town and college, there are some people you just get the wrong vibe from, but here, you know automatically who those people are. Pittsburg is such a nice town with nice people.

4. The classes are small enough to where you don't feel crowded. This is one of the main reasons I chose to come here. The classrooms are small enough to where you don't feel like you don't know what's going on due to overcrowding. The biggest class I have is probably around 81-85 people. So you really get to know your classmates and professors.

5. The school spirit. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to the level of spirit we have here at Pitt. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I got here. Everyone is proud to be a gorilla and they aren't afraid to show it.

I am proud to be a gorilla. Pitt State feels like home. So come home and Go-Rillas!!