5 Reasons Why Winter Break Is The Best For College Kids

All the cat naps you could ask for

7
St. Lawrence Elementray

Most of the time, break is one of those days you can find time for yourself or even to hang out with others. In my case, I've had plenty of time to hang out with old friends and even newer ones. I get to see how many people are growing as I'm off and away from my old everyday life. But there are some things that I love about break and here are just a few things:

1. Sleeping In

If you're in college dorms like myself, you may not get that great of sleep because of the endless noises happening around. So as soon as a college kid like myself gets to go home, you get your own bed and sleep soundly or even stay up late and not regret it the next day. Sleeping in is the best, I could marry my bed at home.

2. Binge Watching Shows

I love catching up on shows that I started over Thanksgiving break but also Winter break is wonderful. Staying up late munching on some random food while binge watching Breaking Bad or Fuller House keeps me fulfilled while I'm at college and don't have time because of homework. Netflix is my drug, hey, at least it's better than some other hardcore drug?

3. FREE FOOD

When I have came home over break, all I can think about is how I don't have to eat the same old campus food over and over again. I can finally eat a home cooked meal and enjoy it. I don't even have to buy my own food, I get to enjoy Christmas cookies and get fat off of them. For any college student as we come back from our schools, we get to eat all the free food forever.

4. Seeing Friends & Family

While college kids like myself, love the new friends and college friends we've made we enjoy time with the family we don't see all that often that anymore. Hanging out with them, catching up, and just talking about everything we have going on in our lives. Family time is also the best about break because you get to see the people that love you unconditionally and tell them how school is going but more importantly being able to see them

5. Fewer Responsibilities

While I still have to worry about the text books I need to order or even other adult like things, I don't have to worry about homework which makes it nicer and easier before the next semester to start. Relaxing is something that could be very important to stressed out college student to not even worry about other things and take things little by little.

Those are five reasons why I love break, because it is the best break that any college kid can have and not worry about things and just enjoy it while we can until our last semester comes to close for us.

Enjoy the break, ya college kiddos!