5 Reasons Why Donald Trump Is President Snow

May the odds be ever in your favor when making America great again.

2142
www.ew.com

We millennials sure do love movies. No matter what type of genre, we love them! And as of lately, since we started “Feeling the Bern” we are super passionate about the upcoming election! A while back, I was watching "The Hunger Games," when something dawned on me. Donald Trump is President Snow! I mean seriously, they are basically the same person! As I continued to watch the movie, I began to count all of the similarities between the two. Amazingly, and frighteningly so, there are many; way too many! Here are 5 of them for you to ponder:

They’re both fighting against strong women.

Both Snow and Trump have very strong female opponents, whether they be Katniss Everdeen or Hillary Clinton. We all know how the battle between President Snow and the Girl on Fire ends, but how will this election come to a close? Will Trump be defeated, or will we live to see the 76th Hunger Games? Wait, Snow hosts the Hunger Games, not Trump. Sorry, it’s so easy to get them confused!

They are known for reality TV.

Whether it be "The Hunger Games" or "The Apprentice," Snow and Trump both know how to put on a pretty good show. Although popular, both shows are hard to swallow; one is gory and disturbing, the other is just downright bad television. Why would anyone want a TV producer as a president? I mean come on people! This is real life, not some bad quality television series where someone sentences children to their death, or a big orange man tells you you're fired! We need a serious president, not and entertaining one!

They both favor segregation.

One wants to separate himself from the poor people of Districts 1-12, who are forced to work tirelessly day after day to uphold Panem and avoid starvation. The other wants to separate himself from refugees, lower socioeconomic classes, and any race that differs from his own. They’re not too different if you ask me.

They both have strange catchphrases.

“May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor”? President Snow doesn’t wish favor on anyone except for his people. And by his people, I mean the rich and successful. Sound like anyone you know? You guessed it: Donald Trump. And don’t even get me started on “Make America Great Again”. How? When? What’s preventing it from being great right now? What’s that you say, racism and sexism? I couldn’t have said it better myself.

They have the same mindset.

There are countless quotes from President Snow that could very easily be assumed to have come out of Trump’s mouth, and vice versa. For example, “When someone challenges you, fight back. Be brutal, be tough.” This has to be Snow talking about the rebellion, right? Wrong, it was Trump. What about this one: “Nothing says perfection like white.” Is this one of Donald’s classic racist comments? It very well could be, but it isn’t; President Snow said that. Their statements are eerily interchangeable. Why would we want to elect someone whose words can’t be differentiated from a crazy evil tyrant’s statements?

Wake up America! We are headed down a scary road, one that leads to the separation of the have’s and have-nots. Open your eyes and really look at who you’re voting for. America doesn’t need someone who thinks he has entitlement or power over anyone because he has money. We need someone who’s intelligent enough to make a difference in the world, and a positive one at that. Keep in mind that just because someone says something loudly doesn’t make what their saying factual or correct. To the American people, use your vote wisely. To Donald Trump, think before you speak, for heaven’s sake! And too all of the other presidential candidates, may the odds be ever in your favor.