5 Reasons Why Country Music Is Actually The Worst

Country music is truly monstrous.

18529
Guitar

"Don't knock it 'til you try it" is a quote that I firmly believe in. This is also why I despise country music. Once hearing it for the first time, I knew it wasn't the music for me. Country lacks diversity and individuality. All the songs sound the same and all the artists aren't really that different from each other. Whenever I flip to a country station, I feel like I'm listening to the same song ten times in a row because they are all so alike. Here are five reasons why country music isn't all that great.

5. All the instruments are the same.

Guitars, banjos, and drums. That's all that is really needed to make a country tune. This is one of the things that has always bugged me about country music. It never switches up its sound. They always seem to stick to the same old instruments and never try to dive into new sounds. Country doesn't take chances when it comes to the music industry. They play it safe.

4. They always sing about the same topics.

When you hear a country song on the radio, chances are the single is going to mention America, alcohol, or cars. This seems like a trend in the genre, attracting listeners from all across the globe. It's as if country artists know that their song won't be a hit single if it doesn't mention the United States, beer, or trucks.

3. The voices are all identical.

Luke Bryan. Kenny Chesney. Brad Paisley. Toby Keith. All these guys literally sound exactly the same. The artists have that similar "southern twang" in their voices, making all the songs alike. Yeah, they have different vocal abilities, but in the end, their tunes always come out the same. This is a problem for me because it doesn't give me an opportunity to branch out in my music taste because there wasn't much diversity in the first place.

2. The sound never changes

Music is always changing and evolving. The early 2000s were all about R&B. The early 2010s were focused on pop. Today, EDM and Dance are thriving. With country music, nothing has really changed. Maybe more instruments have slowly been added in or the beats have picked up but other than that, it hasn't changed much.

1. It's predictable.

I can tell when a specific guitar riff is going to happen. I know when the chorus is going to start or a beat is going to drop. Country music has become extremely predictable, which makes it unenjoyable as well. As an avid music listener, I'm always up for new tunes and sounds. But country music doesn't seem to change or advance in its sound. In the end, country music gets way more glory than it deserves.