5 Reasons To Vote

5 Reasons To Vote

We've heard it before, but voting is important and must not be overlooked.

1201
5 Reasons To Vote
My News LA

With the fast-approaching General Elections in November, many are deciding who they are going to vote for. However, some are debating whether or not to vote at all. To combat that, here are five reasons to convince you to step into the voting booth this November.

1.The sticker:

Perhaps the most fun reason, you get a cool sticker. Slap it on a water bottle, notebook or even yourself and you can show with pride your participation in democracy.

2. It is your right:

Some people seem to forget this. However, it's quite simple. It is your right to vote. It is your right to cast your voice in our nation's government.

3. No, it is not a vote wasted:

Whether you are debating third party or feel like your vote does not matter, that is not the case. While the electoral college is arguably in need of a renovation, your vote does matter. It does make a difference.

4. It gives credibility to your opinions:

We all know the people who complain about the way an election or referendum turned out when they did not even care enough to vote about it. Instead of passively complaining, get out there and try to change the outcome. Even if it does not succeed, at least you put in the effort

5. This is a turning point in American and world history:

This election cycle is extremely high-stakes. The world and our country is teetering on a dangerous edge and it is important that the right, strong, good-willed leaders are elected to office. Your vote could very well determine the future of the nation.

November is fast approaching, and with it a huge decision is walking towards your doorstep. You could choose to simply ignore it and let others decide for you, or you could seize the opportunity to have an influence on the future.