5 Reasons To Take A Year Off Dating

5 Reasons To Take A Year Off Dating

Why you should give the dating scene a break.

836
5 Reasons To Take A Year Off Dating
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/28/6364221648143697831304493784_2015-12_LT-SingleGirl.jpg

So you are fresh out of a relationship and wondering what you should do next with your life. Do you start up a new relationship right away? Do you play the field? Do you take some time off from the dating scene? Taking some time away from dating can benefit a person emotionally, spiritually and allow them to grow more as a person. Here are my five reasons why a person should take a year off from dating after getting out of a serious relationship.

1. Healing Process

Whether things ended bad or good the end to a relationship is never easy. Getting over a relationship can take some time as well. You never want to go into a new relationship with unresolved feelings for another person. This also gives you time to evaluate your old relationship and really figure out what you liked, and did not like. If you jump right back into a relationship, you are unable to really reflect on the relationship and see how you can learn and better yourself from it.

2. More Friends and Family Time

We are at a critical time in our lives where being able to go to Cookout with your friends can be a quick impromptu study break decision. After college we have to go out into the real world and get actual jobs, and pay bills. A trip to Cookout is going to be the last thing on your mind. You should be able to get as much friend time in now as you possibly can. Or not feel guilty about going home on the weekends to see your family. Not having someone who restricts you from doing these things allows you to create memorable experiences with your friends and family, that do not get interrupted by someone who is just temporarily in your life.

3. Mo Money Less Problems

You are not having to worry about birthdays, or anniversaries. You get to spend YOUR money on YOURSELF and get whatever YOU want. You can eat out more, you can buy those new shoes. It is nice being able to give to people, and in no ways am I trying to sound selfish, but by being single, you get to spend your money on yourself, and not have to worry about saving for a fancy anniversary dinner or gift.

4. You Can Create A Better Relationship With God

When times are hard we tend to look to God for guidance. How about instead of just looking to him when times are rough, we look to him all the time? Getting out of a relationship that no longer is in your best interest is the first step to looking towards God to opening up your future. Getting to spend some quality one on one time with God allows you to grow spiritually, and mature as a person. It allows you to be able to forgive those who do not deserve your forgiveness, and show love to those who are unable to show it back. You can create a relationship with God while you are in a relationship, but doing it when you are alone, gives you the ability to be able to talk about it and share your relationship with the next person you are able to share your life with.

5. Your Personal Growth

You learn to be able to be on your own. You learn that you do not need a boyfriend for certain things. Having a boyfriend can be nice, but also being able to do things on your own can also be rewarding. The feeling of independence that was not there for a while gets to come back. There are some parts of a relationship that I miss, but there is no better feeling than being able to be on my own and be happy.