5 Reasons Why I'm Ready To Rush

5 Reasons Why I'm Ready To Rush

Countdown: 135 Days

58
5 Reasons Why I'm Ready To Rush
Jacksonville State University

Sororities. I have been waiting my entire life to join a sorority. Okay, maybe not my entire life but definitely since junior year of high school. The idea of a joining an all-girl gang who supports and cares for one another is an organization I've been looking forward to for the past two years. When beginning the college application process, I had one major requirement that needed to be fulfilled. Greek Life.

Joining Greek life meant being a part of an organization that's proud of their traditions, community service, and of course, beautiful Instagram posts. Wearing my letters around campus and saying hello to my fellow sisters is something I've always dreamed about.

Although Villanova University isn't a big Greek Life school and official recruitment begins in the spring semester, here are five reasons why I'm ready to rush!

1. Finding my Best Friends

Sorority sisters are best friends for life. Time and time again you see them as bridesmaids in each other's weddings. Joining an organization that empowers women and holds the same beliefs that I have is one of the main reasons why I cannot wait to rush.

2. Community Service

Each sorority has its own non-profit organization that it fundraises for and donates their time towards. Being in a sorority means having the opportunity to get further involved in working with a charity

3. Having a Mentor

Although a lot of people joke about "Big and Little" pictures and posts on social media, having an upperclassman who wants to see you succeed and also helps you through turbulent times is a relationship I can't wait to have.

4. Growing through Leadership Positions

Sororities and fraternities are run by the members, for the members. With numerous positions, there is always a way for everyone to be involved within their chapter. Joining the University's student government can be daunting, so having the option to begin leading through a smaller community is an excellent gateway option.

5. Making Campus Feel a Little Bit Smaller

Greek life makes campus feel smaller for freshmen. Coming in as the new kid is hard, but just being able to say hi to upperclassmen while walking to class or having lunch can help boost a freshman's confidence.

Whether you're on the fence about Greek life, or like me, are counting down the days until Rush Week Day 1, a sorority can be a great way to meet people and get involved on campus.

Just remember, 135 Days Until Rush