5 Reasons My Mom Is The Greatest

5 Reasons My Mom Is The Greatest

She's had faith in me, before I even had faith in myself.

512
5 Reasons My Mom Is The Greatest

This one goes out to the strongest, most fun-loving, crazy, independent woman I know. My mom, she’s basically Superwoman if you ask me. She is always on the go, but somehow manages to get everything done. It’s truly amazing. I am so thankful to have a mom like her, she is just a gift from God. I could name 100 reasons why my mom is the greatest at the top of my head, but I'd rather focus on 5.

Loves Unconditionally

If you were to search ‘unconditional love’ on Google, my mom’s picture would pop up. However, unconditional love is defined as caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves by MindBodyGreen. I have personally witnessed my mom put others needs before her own yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, and sometimes even hourly. I’ve learned from experience that no matter what I did or how much trouble I found myself in, she's still going to love you the same amount, she’s not going to judge you, okay maybe a little bit. She's going to stand by your side through it all. She still loves me and my siblings even after all the damage we’ve done to our house, ourselves, and occasionally bringing home all the stray dogs we find.

Free Therapy

Why would I pay for a therapy session when I have my mom? I guess she was just born with this instinct to know when something is wrong. No matter how hard I try to hide if I’m upset, mad, or something is just bothering me, she knows. Oh, she knows and she's probably already trying to figure it out. She's always a shoulder to cry on, always someone who you can call and just rant to for hours and she’ll listen to every detail. She truly cares about you, no matter if you’ve known her for an hour or your whole life.

Patience

My mom is a 4-year-old preschool teacher, and that alone takes a lot of patience. She always told me that the best thing to do in tough, difficult situations is to be patient and stay calm, nothing good will come out of you panicking. Patience is the key. I have always admired her for how patient she is with people, especially me. I am so indecisive, but she somehow stays calm and collected when it takes me over an hour to decide where we’re going to eat dinner.

My Best Friend

Even though she is my mom, she is also my best friend. She always told me that when I got older we could be friends. We reached the point that we’re friends, and it is quite possibly the strongest friendship I have. I’m not ashamed to say that my mom is my best friend. Having a mom is a built-in best friend for life. LYLAS. Love You Like A Sis, mom.

Faithful

After my first week of college I was ready to pack up and head home. My mom told me to either give it some time or pack up, and she’d be there in an hour and half. But she told me that I should give it some time, that she had faith in me. My mom is faithful to God, her husband, her kids, her parents, her job, her students, her friends, her dogs, and so much more. If there is one thing that I know for a fact is that my mom keeps her word. She won’t fall out at the last minute. She won’t leave you hanging. Also she has full faith in her kids. She’s had faith in me, before I even had faith in myself. How amazing it is to have someone like that!

Growing up, you always have that one person you looked up to, that one person you wanted to be just like in every single way. Most girls my age wanted to be Hillary Duff, The Cheetah Girls, or Miley Cyrus, but I wanted to be just like my mom when I grew up. I thought my mom was above all of them, my mom is superwoman. She is my rock, my therapist, my number one fan, my best friend. She has faith in me at all times. She's going to stand by my side through everything. She'll always be there. Thank you mom, you are my world and my heart. I am so grateful.