5 Reasons You Should Move Out of Your Hometown

Home will always be home, but don't you wonder what else is out there?

66
Leah Swander

There is that saying that if you don't take some sand from the National Monument in GJ that you'll always come back. And while some people believe that, one thing I know for sure is that coming back isn't always a bad thing...if you ever left.

Leaving your hometown is an experience you should take, and if you don't, you could miss out on these things, for example.

1. There is so much more to offer

Yeah, there are great opportunities in Grand Junction, but the extended amount is on the other side of the mountain. I have been blessed with so many adventures and memories here on the Front Range that would've never happened on the Western Slope.

2. Finding your people

I've said before that I truly miss my friends from home, but I would be lying if I said that I haven't met some great people while away from home. You get to hear about other people's experiences and lives which is cool in itself, but you might just find your "bestie for the restie" outside of your little town.

3. Get out of your parent's hair

It's time to grow up. Pay for your own things, do your own laundry, and call to make your own appointments. Your parents will always be there for you, at home, but you'll never know what it's like to "adult" if you always let them do stuff for you.

4. High school "love" won't last forever

Have you ever thought that you just "love" your high school sweetheart because you grew up the same? Well, it's true. You might find the love of your life outside of your home, but you'll never catch the other fish in the sea if you don't leave. And if you don't, you know that your homegrown lover will still be there, (usually).

5. Get out of your comfort zone

Maybe you grew up as the shy one of your friends or even the most outgoing. But leaving your hometown gives you an opportunity to start over, where nobody knows anything you don't want them to about you. Leaving town forces you to do things you would never do, and that's the most fun part.