5 Reasons You'll Always Love Your Childhood Bestie

I loved you then, and I love you now.

548
HD Wallpaper Rocks

Everyone remembers their childhood best friend.

This is the friend that you grew up with. The friend that you know everything about. The friend that even though you might not be close with now, you still know them better than anyone. This is the friend that you got in trouble at school with. The friend that you talked about your first crush with. The friend that you went on bike rides with. This is the friend that you'll always remember, because they were a part of a special time in your life. The memories you make with your childhood best friend will last a lifetime, and here are five reasons why you will always love them.

1. You grew up together

Growing up is a scary time in our lives. Having your best friend by your side makes it easier when you're going through all these scary changes. Your childhood best friend saw the good, bad and the ugly. They didn't judge you, and they understood exactly how to help you. They also understand where you came from better than anyone else. Your bestie was there for every birthday, every embarrassing yearbook picture and all the boy crushes in-between. They were the one you matched outfits with on Halloween, bought silly Christmas gifts for and made cheesy dance video's to Justin Bieber with. Every embarrassing moment you've ever posted on Facebook (or Myspace), your childhood bestie was most likely a part of. You grew up year after year together, and nobody can take that time away from you.

2. They know all your secrets

Everyone knows that when we are young, we have no filter. Which means your childhood bestie knows everything about you, just as you know everything about them. You shared about your first crush, your first kiss, and they held your hand through the dreadful puberty days. Your childhood bestie knows things about you that even your besties now don't know. Those secrets will always stay between you too, and will keep your friendship alive even when you're out of touch.

3. You had fun together

Growing up is the most fun time of your life. You and your bestie did everything together. You had sleepovers where you danced to NSYNC/Backstreet Boys until 10 p.m. (which was considered so late). You made dance routines to Britney Spears. You made silly videos to Justin Bieber (which are most likely still on social media today). You and your bestie always had something fun to do. From going on a bike ride, to teaching each other gymnastics, to quoting every line from "Mean Girls"--these fun times with you BFF will never be forgotten.

4. You were a part of each other's families

When you're spending so much time with your bestie, you're bound to spend time with their family too. Their mom becomes the cool mom that you can talk about anything with, and their siblings start to feel like your own. Your parents become friends, and it only brings you and your bestie closer. You know everything about her family, just as she knows everything about yours. Family is everything, and your childhood bestie is the closest things to it.

5. You have always loved them

Having so many memories with one person makes it hard to forget them. You and your childhood bestie might not be close now, but the memories you made will last a lifetime. You still tell your current friends of all the good times you had with your childhood BFF, and you still reach out to them on their birthday to let them know you're thinking about them. Whether you're friends now or not, you will always love them for going through thick and thin together. To my childhood bestie, I love you and always will!