5 Reasons Why Kim Kardashian Is A Good Role Model

"Not bad for a girl with no talent."

5339
Contentful.com

Every time you open a magazine, scroll through Twitter, or check your Instagram feed, you probably see a Kardashian plastered on there. Kim Kardashian West, arguably one of the most famous members of the Kardashian-Jenner Dynasty, gets a lot of hate and is usually not the first person that people think of when they consider the word "role model". The list of things she has been ridiculed for is honestly too long to write here, so many of you may be confused by the title of this article.

However, despite Kim's mistakes, she's done a lot of good in the world. She may not seem like the ideal role model at first glance due to the stereotypes surrounding her, but she is a person that I believe many women should look up to. Beneath that perfect hair and butt, there lies a woman with a good soul who is conquering the world like no other ever has. Here are 5 reasons that I believe Kim Kardashian is the perfect role model.

1. She's beauty and brains.

Kim may constantly be labeled as a girl who is "famous for being famous" and has no talent, but that is very far from the truth. Kim Kardashian's net worth is $150 million, larger than her rapper husband's net worth of $62 million. The fact that she is a reality television star may seem like she makes her money with no effort, but she's pretty business savvy. In 2015, she created her mobile phone game, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, and made millions. Her earnings from her video game now account for 40% of her yearly income. Kardashian West also has her Kimoji and subscription based personal app that rakes in a lot of money. She recently landed her photo on the cover of Forbes Magazine. As Kim recently said, "Pretty good for a girl with no talent!"

2. She is confident in her own skin and breaks the stereotype that you must be stick thin to be beautiful.

Kim Kardashian is known for her iconic body and is not afraid to show it off. Many see this as inappropriate, but in reality, she has done a fantastic job breaking the pre-set societal expectations of beauty. Kim, along with many other curvy women, has changed society's perception of beauty and made many realize that you do not need to be runway model thin to be beautiful. She has helped millions of women feel confident in their own skin and popularized the appeal of having a large behind, something that used to typically be looked down upon. Kim Kardashian turned the typical "that dress makes your butt look big" line into a compliment rather than the insult it used to be. Her creed of body confidence makes her role model material for all women and girls.

3. She preaches the importance of family.

The Kardashian-Jenner family are undoubtedly a close knit group. All of the Kardashian sisters are close friends, Kris is the ultimate supportive mom, and they stay together through thick and thin. Kim especially seems to hold her family very close to her heart. Kim was the first one to support Caitlyn Jenner in her transition, she accepted her brother Rob's relationship with Blac Chyna (despite Blac's previous tension with the family), and she has been known to stand up for all of her family members in their times of need.

Kim defended Kylie when she was slammed for her lip injections. Kim also stood by her husband when Taylor Swift denied approving his lyrics about her in his song "Famous" and provided the proof to save his case, starting a societal revolution called the #KimExposedTaylorParty. Kim has two beautiful children and is a fantastic mother to both of them. The Kardashian family may have their ups and downs like any other family does, but there's no denying that they always have each other's backs and truly love and care for one another.

4. She's proof that it is possible to overcome your mistakes.

The infamous sex tape that helped Kim Kardashian rise to fame may seem like one reason all together to proclaim her as "non-role model material", but the way that Kim overcame that obstacle and made it into something good will never cease to amaze me. She was obviously upset when the tape was leaked, but she still trekked on and used it to her advantage to make her into the super star she is today. Kim is living proof that your mistakes can make you into a better person. Today, Kim is a mother and successful business woman, something nobody would have expected from her when she was first called to their attention when her sex tape leaked. Kim rose above and fixed herself.

5. She stands up for what she believes in.

Similarly to how she stands up for her family, she also stands up for what is right. As I mentioned before, she was the guardian of the receipts (aka her recording of Taylor and Kanye's phone call) in the Taylor Swift and Kanye West battle over Kanye's "Famous" lyrics. Despite the backlash that she could've gotten, Kim decided to stand up for her husband and stand up for the truth by releasing the phone call recordings of Taylor approving the lyrics. Kim is a woman who stands up for her family and herself. On Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kim also displays that she's a strong woman who doesn't let people walk all over her. She displays the importance of standing up for what is right, something that many women today could learn from.