5 Reasons To Follow Through With Your 2018 New Year’s Resolution

5. Your resolution will only help improve you

77
pexels

“New year. New me.” We have all said it at some point. We want to be able to be better in the future. But as the future becomes the present, we still look towards the future. You should follow through and hold yourself to it. It will be worth it. It’s only 12 months, 52 weeks, three semesters or however you want to look at it.

1. You will start off the year strong

I would much rather go into a new year feeling as though I have something to look forward to than to feel defeated based on what I’m leaving behind me. One door opens as another door closes. You have a clean slate to start again!

2. You are in control

You have the option to go through with it and take it at your own pace. It’s your resolution and no one else’s. It’s not a competition of who can complete theirs the fastest. Maybe you can’t ‘complete’ yours. Don’t let anyone take it away from you. The only person you should compare yourself to is who you were the year before. See how much you have grown and learned.

3. You have given yourself a goal to achieve

achieve

On those nights where you feel as though you have not accomplished anything, stick with your resolution. Work on it. Show yourself that you are always succeeding, even if it does not have material results. Any progress is considered good progress. You can do anything you put your mind to. You may not see the benefits right away, but they will come. I promise you.

4. You will regret it if you don’t follow through

regret

That feeling you have right now about making a new resolution and sticking with it because you didn’t this past year. I know it too well. I don’t want you to feel this way next December. Be able to say that you did all you could this year. Once you look back at what you have done, you will feel so happy and proud of yourself for following through. That feeling will come sooner than you think.

improve

Most resolutions involving becoming healthier or having better relationships with people. I see no way that striving to accomplish these could possibly do any harm. You are working to be happier and making your life better. You have nothing to lose for trying!