5 Reasons Finals Week Isn't So Bad

5 Reasons Finals Week Isn't So Bad

Finish Strong

33
5 Reasons Finals Week Isn't So Bad
YouTube

Finals week is the bane of every college student's existence. A time of nerves, stress, sleep-deprivation, and almost pure misery. That week is here. But we overlook some of the good things about exams! It's not all bad. Even though it may be pretty stressful, there is a bright side to finals.

1) Starbucks

Who doesn't love Starbucks?! I know I do, and coffee is a college student's best friend during exam-time. If you like coffee, that's great because you'll get plenty of it while studying for your finals. When you need to stay awake for long periods, there's nothing better than Starbucks and lots of it.

2) No More Lecture

This may seem obvious, but because of all of the tests you'll be taking, you won't be going to lectures. You've been sitting in a classroom listening to a professor talk for an entire semester; tell me it isn't refreshing to have some time where you aren't taking notes and trying to stay awake for an hour.

3) Freedom

You've been stuck for months now going to the same classes day after day, doing homework night after night, with only the occasional break. By now, you're ready for some time off, and Finals Week can be a time to decompress if you have the right study habits. I'm sure that there are some people who study over the course of a semester, building up to the final. I feel you're one of them, good for you (because I can't do it). Take some time between cramming sessions to relax, you've earned it.

4) Puppies!

Everyone loves puppies! I miss my dogs when I'm gone at school, but on finals week the school tries to help us relax before our exams. This means bringing in puppies, or free pizza, or horse-drawn carriages! Schools will go way out of the ordinary to help and support students because they know how difficult these tests can be. They really go above and beyond to make us feel better, meaning puppies. Because puppies are the ultimate cure for stress (as long as they're potty-trained)!

5) Good Food

Who doesn't love wings? Pizza? Breakfast? During the end of the semester, the cafeteria goes all out to keep us well fed, meaning the best food they serve. If it's your favorite, chances are they'll serve it at some point. I always love their fried chicken, so shout out to Finals for making that happen!

We always focus on the negative parts of Finals, but it's not all bad. Our school tries to help us out and we can count on some down time (if you're prepared). Yeah, exams are hard. But you've made it this far, don't stop now! We're in the home stretch. We're full of turkey and can hear Santa's sleigh coming! So drink a coffee, grab a puppy, and remember, you're almost there!