5 Reasons My Best Friend is More Like My Soul Mate

Thelma Wouldn't Be The Same Without Louise

20
Hailey Demma

Through the best of times and the worst of times, you have always stood beside me.

For eight years now our loyalty to each other has never bent. We've been through Heaven and Hell together. We've felt loss. We've seen new life brought into this world. We have stayed up all night together too many times.

There are a million reasons that you are my best friend, but here are some of the most important ones.

1. You've been right next to me during the pivotal moments of my life.

All of our high school years, every birthday, holidays, my wedding day and my divorce. All of those times in my life I could look to my right and see you standing there. You're such a constant presence that I don't think any happy moment could really fulfill me unless you were a part of it too. I think of you as my soulmate, and as my soulmate, I want to share all of life's most memorable moments with you. The only defining moment that's ever happened in my life that you weren't there for was the birth of my daughter. We were separated by over 1,000 miles, but you were still the first person I called when I went into labor, and you were the second person to receive a personal phone call and pictures of my baby because it was so important to me to share my daughter with you first before sharing her with the rest of the world.

2. You get me, every single piece.

We're almost the exact opposite of one another. You're clean, I'm messy. You're a master chef, my kitchen skills include making cereal. You're the plan maker, I'm the spontaneous one. But no matter what differences we have, opposites do attract. You keep me grounded, I give you adventure. Whether it be heart break, family problems, stress over school or we just need to cry it out over a RomCom and something sweet, we know the other one is always going to be there.

3. You're never hesitant to call me out on my shit, but you never say "I told you so. "

I've made more than my fair share of mistakes and stupid choices. Whenever I start to feel like I'm invincible to my own irresponsibility you're quick to call me on my shit and bring me down however many notches is needed. But, no matter how big of a mistake I've made, you never say " I told you so." You get stern with me, you'll put me back in my place, but no matter how bad the storm is you always love me through it. This goes both ways, no matter how ugly life will ever get, I'm going to love you through it.

4. You're my daughters God Mother.

Choosing you to be the God Mother of my daughter felt as natural as breathing. I trust you to love her as if she was your own. I know you would give her the world, you'd guide her through life with God as her Lord and Savior. You'd take care of her and be there for her no matter what, just as you have done with me. You've invested so much of your time into her life, you've been there through all of her firsts. She loves her "Aunt KiKi", and I love you for loving her. Its the best gift you've ever given me,

5. Since the day we met, you've completed me.

No matter where life takes us, or how close we become to other friends, you are always going to be my best friend. You're always going to be my person. There have been moments in my life that I'm not sure how I would have survived if it wasn't for you swooping in like my knight in glitter armor to save me. Ever since that day back in our sophomore year, I've laughed more, smiled more and loved more than I ever would have if you hadn't become a huge part of me. It's hard to imagine me without you. The lessons you've taught me and the adventures we've shared have shaped the woman I am, and I can't thank you enough for loving me.

You see, you're so much more than my best friend. You're my family, my sister. I can already imagine the day we're in the same nursing home giving the nurses a run for their money with our shenanigans. We'll reminisce about our glory days and the lost days we don't and won't ever tell anyone about.

At the end of the day, I feel so blessed to have you as my best friend. I'm so thankful for all of the years we've already had, but I cant wait to see where this life takes us, together.

I love you infinetly.