5 Reasons Everyone Needs An Alex Karev In Their Life

Everyone needs a Karev in their life.

166

If you're anything like me, chances are you watch Grey's Anatomy so often you basically consider yourself a surgeon. Every character on the show has a different and unique personality, and a lot of people refer to someone as the "Christina to their Meredith", or something like that. Personally, I make Grey's references at any chance I get.

There's one character I think really stands out. Everyone needs someone like Alex Karev in their life, and here are a few reasons why:

1. He tells you what you need to hear

One of the most frustrating things is when you have a friend who sugar coats everything they're saying to you, but you really just want to know everything like it is. You don't want anything but the cold hard truth, and Dr. Karev knowingly admits everything, regardless of how it may sound.

2. He's basically the perfect example of why you don't give up

Throughout Grey's you learn of Karev's abusive childhood and how he worked to overcome it. Plus, when he starts the show he's the total ass everyone hates, who embarrasses Izzie a countless amount of times. By the current season, he had become one of the best surgeons and people in the show. He gets offers to work for the best hospitals in the country and has managed to get the short end of the stick in nearly every relationship, but still he keeps going.

3. He's the shoulder you can cry on

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F10%2F636091153107625618-1670528933_meredith%2520and%2520alex%2520love.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=147&h=c0f5032c0ac839df94f5db1167b68f3f3127bdfee0c69bdfede9aaa924c2f32d&size=980x&c=3620231836 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F10%252F636091153107625618-1670528933_meredith%252520and%252520alex%252520love.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D147%26h%3Dc0f5032c0ac839df94f5db1167b68f3f3127bdfee0c69bdfede9aaa924c2f32d%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3620231836%22%7D" expand=1]

Especially when it comes to his friendship with Meredith, Alex has become that friend that's always there for you no matter what. He's come to be one of the most loyal and supportive characters on the show and has the qualities we all look for in a true friend.

4. He has passion for everything he does

Whether it's his relationships, friendships or job, he's passionate about everything he's done and refuses to show any less of that passion. He jumped into his specialty wholeheartedly, and continues to amaze everyone.

5. He never loses sight of what's important

Even though he first came off as the ass who put himself before anything and anyone else, he really isn't so. He's managed to stick by his coworkers, family and friends over other opportunities he's had where people would say he's better off.

Everyone who watches Grey's has their favorite character, but I, without a doubt, believe everyone needs a friend like Alex Karev. Someone who tells the truth, never gives up, is a shoulder to cry on, has passion and never loses sight of what's important is without a doubt a few of the best qualities you can find in anyone.