5 Quotes To Replenish the Soul

5 Quotes To Replenish the Soul

Words to live by.

982
5 Quotes To Replenish the Soul
Ashtyn Clark

1. "Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it." -Proverbs 4:23

Lesson: Don't stoop and let the toxicity of others who don't matter poison your system. We all have those friends that we know are not great for us but we keep them around anyway. It's time to start doing things that will better your quality of life.

2. "Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see, but you." -Unknown

Lesson: What's the point in doing things to please others? Five seconds of praise and appreciation? Chances are, they won't remember what you did five years down the line. It may sound harsh but that's reality. We are all so consumed in self achievement that we tend to blow off the success of others. So my point is, do what you have to do to get to where you want to be and live in that satisfaction for the rest of your life. You don't need someone praising you for doing your best. That needs to come from within.

3. "We cannot control the wind, but we can direct the sail." -Thomas S. Monson

Lesson: Simply roll with the punches of life. They come in all different sizes and most likely you'll be knocked down more than not, but thats the perfect opportunity to show yourself and anyone else how strong you are.

4. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about." -Wendy Mass

Lesson: This quote is one to live by. Our society has taught us how to mask even the biggest problems we face on a day to day basis. This is how bigger issues arise. Even if you think you may be strong enough to handle some issues on your own, there is no shame in asking for help or confiding in someone. No one but ourselves REALLY know what is going on. Don't judge people because you honestly have NO idea what may be happening in their lives.

5. "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good." -Unknown

Lesson: Being a chronic worrier like myself, this quote really hits home. I can't tell you how many times I have missed amazing opportunities just because I couldn't get out of my own head for two minutes to enjoy it. If you're a chronic worrier, you may understand where I'm coming from. Worrying literally sucks the life right out of you, and to make it even worse, you get snide remarks such as "why are you such a worry wart?" or "why are you so uptight?" Coming from someone who hears those all too often, it's not assuring hearing that over and over because then naturally worrying already, we worry even more about worrying. It's a vicious cycle.