5 Quotes To Remind You That Everything Happens For A Reason

You can't have a rainbow without the rain

497

Everyone has heard the phrase "everything happens for a reason". Other variations include "It's all part of a great plan", or "there are no coincidences". This phrase is like magic. It's a promise that no matter what happens in your life, it will ultimately lead to something better. Ignorance is bliss. I want to hold onto the innocence of thinking that no matter what happens, there's a greater purpose. I want to see this magic in the little things in my daily life.

For example, you were stuck at work after you were supposed to be off early? But this led to you getting to see the sunset, which you wouldn't have otherwise. Or perhaps you were late to work, but in the Starbucks drive-through, someone pays for your coffee. There is a cause and effect reaction for everything in our lives, and call me crazy, but I want to believe that these are intentional.

Sometimes, I know, it's hard to see the bright side in things. If something bad happens, we like to wallow instead of looking around for the good that it will bring. If I have learned anything in my very short 20 years is to always look on the bright side, and that miracles happen every day.

So, here are 5 quotes to remind you that everything in your life happens for a reason:

1. “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” - Jon Bon Jovi

2. "Realize that if a door closed, it was because what was behind it wasn't meant for you" - Mandy Hale

3. "There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you're the one that will change theirs." - Angel Flonis Harefa

4.“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe

5. "Someday everything will make sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason" -John Mayer

Heres to reminding yourself every day to find the little miracles in your everyday life. Look at how all the little parts of your day link together. Look at how a mistake leads to something great. It might be cheesy, but remind yourself that after a storm, comes the rainbow. You might have experienced the storm, and get to enjoy the rainbow after. Or, you may have weathered the storm, but someone else gets to see the rainbow after.