5 Quick Steps To Buying More Ethically

5 Quick Steps To Buying More Ethically

We've all made a purchase on Amazon because of the convenience. We've all made a purchase because everyone else had those shoes and you wanted them so bad. Here are 5 quick steps to making sure your purchases are ethical, because you should care about that.

24
5 Quick Steps To Buying More Ethically

We all need to do our part to ensure that the things going on around us are just.

1. A Quick Google Search

File:Google web search.png - Wikimedia Commons File:Google web search.png - Wikimedia Commons

It takes literally 30 seconds to do a quick google search of a brand and most of the time by a first glance you can tell if the company you are about to purchase from or thinking of purchasing from is an ethical brand or not. Do this. It's worth it.

2. Check social media platforms

Instagram and other Social Media Apps | Social Media apps | Jason ... Instagram and other Social Media Apps | Social Media apps | Jason ...

If google doesn't tell you anything, often social media will. There will be some sort of post telling you exactly why you should or should not buy from whatever brand.

3. Talk to Friends

Group of Friends Hanging Out · Free Stock Photo Group of Friends Hanging Out · Free Stock Photo

Talk to your friends and family. If they are like minded people, they will have a list of brands they support because they've already done the research and have deemed them ethical.

4. Creat a List

Check List Paper Checklist - Free vector graphic on Pixabay Check List Paper Checklist - Free vector graphic on Pixabay

Once you start accumulating brands you know are good or bad, start a list. This way you don't need to search the same brand 50 times because you keep forgetting if they are ethical or not. This will also help your friends too because you now have a list of resources to share with others.

5. When in doubt, support local

AFTC Small Business Office provides doorway for innovation, test ... AFTC Small Business Office provides doorway for innovation, test ...

When in doubt, support small local businesses. Sometimes, the best purchases are from mom and pop shops because they just feel so much more special. This is probably because the item wasn't mass created in a factory. Small businesses often mean you are supporting a family and that seems pretty dang ethical to me.