5 New Year's Resolutions Ideas

5 New Year's Resolutions Ideas

For the person who still hasn't thought of anything,

2
5 New Year's Resolutions Ideas
Zimbio

Making a new years resolution. It's as cliche as the Instagram caption "new year, new me", yet both of these things have a decent amount of merit. At the turn of the new year, you are given the opportunity to really look at yourself and your goals, and make improvements. It doesn't matter whether you're in a good or bad place, or whether these improvements be big or small. Even making a slight change in yourself can give you a goal to focus on. So here are a few ideas of new years resolutions you can make.

1. Stop procrastinating. Let's just be real here, if you're reading this article that either means you're friends with my mom on facebook, or you're still putting off making a new years resolution. If you're the latter of the two groups, it's time to stop procrastinating.

2. Get a consistent sleep schedule. Especially as a college student, your sleeping schedule is probably all kinds of messed up. One day you may go to bed at 2am and wake up at 2pm, and the next day wake up for your 8am class. And while on certain days and weekends you may not have any need to get up early, and it can be super tempting to sleep in, this year try to set an alarm anyway. Getting on the same sleep cycle every night is really healthy, and will leave you far more energized than crashing for 13 hours after sleeping 4 the night before.

3. Drink more water. This is a simple and small lifestyle change, but it is also one of the healthiest ones you can make. Drinking enough water can clear your skin, give you more energy, make your hair healthier, and so much more.

4. Read. My first semester of college I realized I had way too many hours in the day, and by night when my brain was fried with homework and Netflix but I wasn't quite ready for bed yet I didn't really know what to do with myself. This is the way I rediscovered reading. I promise you'll get far more pleasure out of it than spending 3 hours watching Youtube videos of other people play video games.

5. Say yes to experiences. This one is completely dependent on what you define as an experience. However, whatever that may be this year let's just go for it.

The new year is really a chance for you to set goals, and decide what it is you want to work on about yourself. Even if it's not the grandest gesture, small things can have an equally as big payoff if you truly stick with them.