5 Netflix/Hulu Shows that you need to start watching:

Here are some recommendations for a rainy Sunday afternoon!

15

1. Black-ish (Hulu)

This Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated comedy series takes an incredibly hilarious, lively, and bold look at the Johnson family's determination to establish a sense of cultural identity in the midst of a largely white world. Blackish pokes fun at cultural, racial, and generational nuances, scoring mainstream success for all ages in the process. Personally, it's one of the greatest shows that's still on air today.

2. The Office (Netflix)

The Office is a universally cherished show – a mockumentary on the quintessential 9AM - 5PM American workplace consisting of ego clashes, comical office pranks/gossip/romance, and untimely adult jokes crafted by notorious Dunder Mifflin Scranton-branch regional branch manager – Michael Scott. It's something that you can watch numerous times through, but it never seems to grow old. PSA: if you love The Office just as much I do, queue "Netflix Trip" by AJR to your Spotify mix. "Netflix Trip" is a heartfelt anthem about how growing up with The Office contributed each of the band member's childhood. Despite maybe having watery eyes after your first listen, I promise you that you will not regret it.

2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Hulu)

Detective Jake Peralta (Adam Samberg) is a good enough cop that he's never really had to work that hard or follow the rules until the precinct gets a new commanding officer, Captain Ray Holt. If interrogating perps and solving murders hasn't swayed you yet, Andy Samberg's charming quick wits with his fellow detectives are more than enough of a reason to give this show a binge.

3. The Patriot Act (Netflix)

Every Sunday, former Daily Show Correspondent Hasan Minhaj, brings an incisive and nuanced perspective to global news, politics and culture in this unique Netflix comedy series. As the first Indian-Muslim-America performer this kind of a show, Minhaj is breaking barriers, speaking on a wide range of topics like Affirmative Action, Indian politics, the broken US policing system, immigration, the ICC, students loans, and even the brand, Supreme.

4. Criminal Minds (Netflix)

A group of behavioral profilers, who work for the FBI as members of its Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU), use behavioral analysis and profiling to investigate crimes – meticulously examining bloody crime scenes, interrogating witnesses/suspects, tracking down perps, and solving crimes. Do I need to say more?

5. Sherlock (Netflix)

Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) is a consulting detective alongside his wounded Afghan medical doctor and flatmate, Dr. Watson. Set in modern-day London, Sherlock solves mysterious crimes with a satire British sense of humor in this thrilling, twisted, contemporary adaption of Sherlock. Piers Wenger, head of drama at BBC Cymru Wales, described the series' rendering of Sherlock as "a dynamic superhero in a modern world, an arrogant, genius sleuth driven by a desire to prove himself cleverer than the perpetrator and the police—everyone in fact."

Other recommendations!

- Black Mirror (Netflix)

- The Mindy Project (Hulu)

- Master of None (Netflix)

- The Act (Hulu)

- Law and Order: SVU (Hulu/Netflix)

- On My Block (Netflix)

- New Girl (Netflix)

- Grown-ish (Hulu)

- Scandal (Netflix)

- Game Of Thrones (HBO)