5 Movie and TV Characters That Perfectly Represent Your Coworkers

"Hello Peter. What's happening?"
64

If you're in high school or college, you probably worked some kind of job. Whether it be at the grocery store a movie theater, we all have worked small jobs at some point.

You also probably ran into some pretty interesting characters.

Movies and TV have captured this fact perfectly. How many times have you watched a movie or TV show and said, "Yeah, I definitely worked with a guy like that."? I'm guessing that its happened a lot. That is why we are gonna look at five movie and TV characters that totally remind you of your coworkers:

5. Dante and Randal (Clerks)

These two characters from the beloved Kevin Smith cult classic represent two extremes in attitudes to low-skill jobs. On one end, you have Randal, who puts absolutely no effort into his job. Randal is rude to the customers, spends all of his time hanging out in the convenient store next door with Dante, and basically eats free snacks and watches TV all day. On the other, you have Dante, who takes his job way too seriously. As Randal points out at the end of the movie, Dante basically tries to overcompensate for having a job that any random person can do. Face it, if you worked as a cashier or a clerk, you either knew someone like Randal or Dante, or had similar views to Randal's.

Also, you either were, or knew, someone that made fun of dumb customer questions.

4. Santa (A Christmas Story)

While you probably haven't worked with a department store Santa, you can definitely understand where this character is coming from. This guy doesn't want to start anything, but he is clearly just there for his paycheck. I'm pretty sure every person has been in that situation in one of their jobs. Plus, him making side comments when no one is around was pretty much me when I was a cashier.

3. Squidward (SpongeBob Squarepants)

Yeah, you knew this guy was gonna make the list before you even started reading it, didn't you? Squidward is practically every older person you see in a work place that mostly features younger workers. You just look at them, and you know that they really don't want to be there. If it were up to them, they wouldn't be anywhere near said place. SpongeBob has practically prepared us to spot out the Squidwards of the world, and for that we are grateful.

2. Crazy Steve (Drake and Josh)

Ok, this one may be a bit of an exaggeration. I highly doubt (or at least I hope) that any of you have worked with guy who chased you down for accidentally eating his enchilada. But, you probably did work with someone who was easy to anger and a bit eccentric. Not the most detailed description of Crazy Steve, but its something.

1. Bill Lumbergh (Office Space)

No better way to finish off this list than with a boss. Bill Lumbergh has gone down as one of the most detestable boss characters in history, and you can definitely see why. From his monotone, patronizingly condescending voice to the fact that all he seems to do is walk around the place, everything about Lumbergh pisses you off to the core. If you ever worked under this kind of boss, that experience will undoubtedly multiply your rage.

If we could less bosses like Lumbergh, that would be great.