5 More Bands Any Music Lover Needs To Listen To

The sequel to "5 Bands Any Music Lover Needs To Listen To" is finally here.

61
Fanart.tv

Music.

If you have read any of my articles prior to this, you know that I am really, really into music. My very first article was actually a list, just like this, that covered artists like Camp Cope and Moose Blood, which if you are interested, you can read here. I find myself listening to music almost 99% of the time, and love when I can discover new artist that I can get really into. Part two of my music discovery list leaves off where the last one did, so without further ado, here are 5 more bands and artists that you should be listening to.

1. The Menzingers

The punk rockers from Scranton, Pennsylvania (yes, the same place that the TV show The Office takes place) The Menzingers have been a staple of the punk rock scene in Pennsylvania since their formation in 2006. Comprised of vocalists/guitarists Tom May and Greg Barnett, as well as Eric Keen on bass and Joe Godino on drums, the band released their debut album A Lesson in the Abuse of Information Technology in 2007. The band really hit their stride in 2012 with the release of On The Impossible Past, an album that was met with widesoread critical acclaim and shot The Menzingers to the top of the punk scene. The Menzingers create music with raw sound and catchy, shout-along choruses that any punk fan is sure to enjoy. In 2017, The Menzingers are scheduled to go on tour with Jeff Rosenstock and Rozwell Kid as well as release their 5th album, After The Party, on February 3rd.

2. PWR BTTM

PWR BTTM was formed in 2011 by two Bard College students, Liv Bruce and Ben Hopkins. The band played many house shows and local shows at Bard College before releasing their first demo in 2014. PWR BTTM is unlike most bands as they put on a theatrical presentation full of glitter, cross-dressing (drag), and music of that is described as "queer-punk mixed with glam rock". The general uniqueness of the duo and the fun nature of their live shows have made them a widely talked about band between fans of the genre, and they even had an article written about them in the New York Times. After a successful relase of their 2015 debut album Ugly Cherries, PWR BTTM has signed with Polyvinyl Record Co. and is currently working on producing their second album. Queer is invincible.

3. The Technicolors

Phoenix, Arizona born and raised, The Technicolors were formed as the creation of frontman Brennan Smiley back in the late 200's when Smiley was supporting local acts. As time went on, Smiley formed a band out of the project and recruited Troy Lowney, Mike Nicolette, and Sean Silverman to join the band that eventually became The Technicolors. The band gained more of a following after touring with fellow 8123 band The Maine on a few occasions. In 2015, the band released Ultraviolet Disguise, a very 90's inspired rock record which spawned the single "Tonight You Are Mine", which was featured in MTV's Are You The One and brought a lot of attention to band from there. In 2016, the band released an EP titled Sweat and have currently finished up recording their third studio album which will hopefully be out some time soon.

4. Chris Farren

Number 4 on this list but number 1 in our hearts, Chris Farren is basically the world's most perfect man. Have you seen that hair? But back to what we are really here for, Chris Farren is a singer-songwriter from Florida who is known for his humorous personality and love of Christmas. After working in groups such as Fake Problems and currently Antarctigo Vespucci with fellow SideOneDummy records labelmate Jeff Rosenstock, Chris Farren decided to go solo, releasing a few EPs and his iconic Christmas album Like A Gift From God or Whatever, and finally releasing his debut album Can't Die in September of 2016. Farren's upbeat personality translates well into his music, creating a unique sound that I and many others will love. So whether it be guest starring in a Jeff Rosenstock video as "Dew Man" or creating fun music, Chris Farren is a master of what he does and I won't be surprised if he gets more popular soon.

5. Joyce Manor

Joyce Manor is a punk band formed in 2008 in California by Barry Johnson, Matt Ebert, Chase Knobbe, and Kurt Walcher (who would be replaced by Jeff Enzor in 2014). The band was originally conceived of by Barry and Chase, who decided they wanted to start a band while drunk at Disneyland (every band has to start somewhere). After releasing two albums, Joyce Manor signed to Epitaph Records and released their third studio album Never Hungover Again, which was seen as a breakout album for the band which saw them move a little bit into other genres other than punk. In 2016, Joyce Manor released their latest album Cody which was seen as a drastic but welcome change from their previous releases. A bit of controversy with the band occurred after the band took a stand against stage divers, which are seen as a staple of the punk community, as they believe that fans shouldn't have to feel unsafe at their shows after numerous people were injured by stage divers during their sets. Regardless of any controversy, Joyce Manor is an amazing band with a bright future and you should definitely check them out.