Love Sucks And So Do Each Of The 5 Love Languages
relationships

Sorry To Break Your Heart, But Love Sucks And So Do Each Of The 5 Love Languages

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm gonna tell you why I hate any type of love.

832

As I hope all of you know by now, I hate Valentine's Day. It's my least favorite holiday. And plus, I think romantic love is fake.
So, obviously, being who I am, had to write my annual anti-love, anti-Valentine's article for everyone. Instead of just talking about why this holiday is fake and useless this year, I'm going with the downside of each of the five love languages since love sucks.

Acts of Service

OK, my issue with acts of service is you're a freakin' adult. Unless you have a differing ability level that actually prevents you from doing things, you shouldn't need someone, especially someone you love to do things for you. You got it. Take care of your own business. and even if you're stressed, you're never gonna learn any lessons if someone else is always doing things for you. That's not how you grow and overcome, that's called being a fraud. Sorry, not sorry.

Receiving Gifts

This love language sucks because if you're only with someone so they can buy you things, you're probably not dating for the right reasons. Also, if you're an adult, you should be able to get your own things and not have to rely on your significant other to provide for you. You shouldn't expect gifts just for being with someone. That's not what relationships are for.

Words of Affirmation

Your sole purpose for being in a relationship shouldn't be just to constantly hear praise and compliments. Like if you need to hear that you're someone's whole world or that they only see you at all ever, you probably need therapy, not a significant other. They are there to be supportive but also call you out when you're wrong. So, if all you want is someone to say nice things to you and never stand up to you or correct your behavior, you don't want a relationship.

Physical Touch

Basically, stop shoving your relationship in other people's faces. These are very much the PDA type of couples. These are also the people who like to hug and cuddle everyone, strangers included, and honestly that's super weird and you should stop that. Everyone doesn't like to be touched. And they are also the people who take it super personally if you don't want to hold their hand for three hours.

Quality Time

I hate this love language because essentially you're just clingy. Like needing to be around your partner to feel safe and love and important. You can find that within yourself. Also, not knowing how to be alone with your thoughts is very unhealthy and kind of dangerous. Just learn to stand on your own two feet.

If you want to know which one of the stupid love languages is your number one, you can take the quiz here. But remember, love is fake and all of these mean nothing. Also, Valentine's Day isn't a real holiday, it's an excuse for capitalism to thrive. Have a great February!