5 Life Tips From A College Student

5 Life Tips From A College Student

I'm not one to really take my own advice but here's me telling others to learn from my mistakes

145
5 Life Tips From A College Student
https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-four-people-against-sun-background-862848/

If you're in college, you should do the following:

Don't Skip Class

https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-standing-near-of-wall-1391371/

You are PAYING for your classes and if you are constantly missing your classes the only person you're going to end up hurting is yourself. I know your gen eds are usually jokes, I get that, but you're setting yourself up for bad habits in the future. Go to that 400 + people lecture even if the professor doesn't take attendance. I promise you, you may actually learn something and be thankful you decided to show up that day.

Chose Your Friends Wisely

https://www.pexels.com/photo/group-hand-fist-bump-1068523/

Trust me, I'm the type of person that wants to be friends with everybody but some people are not good friends to have. As college students, it's inevitable that partying is going to occur but please be careful about when and where you party. Don't party on school nights when you have an early class the next morning. Don't party every night and show up to class exhausted the next day. Make school a priority because at the end of the day without an education you're not going to necessarily be able to live your best life.

Don't Crush Over A Man With Commitment Issues

https://www.pexels.com/photo/blur-carefree-cute-feelings-289237/

This one is way too applicable but yet for some reason us girls just keep hoping and praying that they'll change their mind. News flash, they absolutely won't. They can say "Oh maybe in a few months if we get to know each other better" or "I'm just not ready for a commitment right now because I don't want to hurt anyone." In reality, we know the guy just likes things the way they are and don't want to lose you, so they lie straight to your face. Girls, cut those men loose! They're really just playing games with your heart when you know deep down you can do so much better than men with commitment issues.

Go To Some School Events

https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-throwing-blue-powder-at-daytime-1157557/

I really don't know why so many people bash on free school events like sometimes they can be extremely education and fun. Plus, you can get free stuff. There are so many financial aid things that no one goes to where the financial aid department will literally do raffles giving the winner a good sum of money. By thinking things are "too lame" for you, you actually might be doing yourself a disfavor.

Use Your Dinning Plan

https://www.pexel.com/photo/adult-bar-cook-cooking-321588/

I can not stress this enough, you need to use your dining plan. You're already paying for it so why wouldn't you use it? I know some of the dining halls are legit disgusting but there's some that are still really good. I personally eat out a lot off campus which is a terrible habit because I'm wasting my own money instead of using a dining plan I'm forced to buy anyways.