5 Things I Learned From Go Karting

5 Things I Learned From Go Karting

I felt like I was Lightening McQueen!

122
5 Things I Learned From Go Karting
Google Images

When I was learning how to drive a car, I kept being told to go slow. That once you know how to drive slow, driving fast is not an issue. Maybe this was only supposed to be applied to cars that you drive on roads, but it certainly does not apply to Go Karts. Go Karting has been on my bucket list for a while now, and so I finally went. I was racing against my younger sister and younger cousin, neither of which have drivers licenses nor know how to drive. I expected to win the race with ease, but I came in last! (At least I'm a safe driver). Here are some of the things I learned while Go Karting:

1. Go Karts are tiny.

I'm not super tall at 5'ft 6''in, but I'm not tiny either. These carts, however, feel like they are designed with a 4'ft 5''in person instead. Getting comfortable was quite the task.

2. Those helmets are heavy and it gets hot real quick.

Race car drivers - I don't know how you do it, you must have very strong neck muscles. Those things must weigh as much as a watermelon. And with the visor down it gets hot and foggy in there.

3. Turning is difficult.

Power steering wheels are a gift. Go Karts don't have those, you have to spin the whole thing to get the car to turn a little. That plus the killer curves and loops - it's tough.

4. The cars are loud... Really loud.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F01%2F12%2F636198572550049865241779174_giphy%2520%287%29.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=940&h=96dabcb72fd8b9fdb8edffae56effbfbadb3f9597533317fd5dc05ef94060949&size=980x&c=1785375474 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F01%252F12%252F636198572550049865241779174_giphy%252520%25287%2529.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D940%26h%3D96dabcb72fd8b9fdb8edffae56effbfbadb3f9597533317fd5dc05ef94060949%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1785375474%22%7D" expand=1]

It's kind of impossible to hear anything. Except the car. That you hear. Nothing else.

5. It's unbelievably fun.

Seriously, there's nothing like being able to drive fast without getting pulled over. It's a safe environment to let out the inner speed demon. Personally, I like driving a real car a little more, but once in a while, Go Karting is a great adrenaline rush.