5 Job Search Sites You Need to Use

5 Job Search Sites You Need to Use

Find your career, starting online!

11
5 Job Search Sites You Need to Use

LinkedIn

Though LinkedIn is not built specifically for job searches (its concentration being professional networking through a consistent social site built for professionals to connect and remain connected), it does, however, offer a separate area in which a candidate can search jobs related to their profiled criteria. Moreover, the site will introduce and generate employment opportunities based on information displayed on a candidate’s profile. For instance, I currently have ten positions, all from different companies, displayed in the “Jobs” section of my profile. Each position is related to the field of study mentioned on my profile, and each position fulfills many, if not all, of my related skills and experiences.

ONET

Admittedly, in my search through ONET, I did not discover an actual job listings area – I will continue to look through the site. However, I am mentioning the site because it offers something I believe is incredibly important for job searching. ONET is a search site which allows a candidate to search specific occupations and read lists which extensively detail the occupations, depending on which area the opportunities are categorized. I did a search on the hospitality industry as that is my future career goal. In turn, I received occupations including front desk clerk, receptionist, administrative assistant, etc., all of which combine the same types of skills in clerical work. I did not receive actual job listings, but I did find an abundant information about the specific field I wish to build a career.

Monster

Monster is specifically for job searches and current job listings. It was through Monster which I found my first retail associate position. I am on a mailing list through the site, and when a new business opened in my hometown, I received a notification from Monster letting me know the where’s and when’s of an open invitation opportunity in which managers of the store were encouraging candidates to walk in and interview one afternoon. I went in and, essentially, walked out with a job. However, what I like most about Monster is that you can specify location. I think this is important because I like to travel, and if I get the opportunity to move away from my hometown for my career, I will certainly do so, and I think this can be extremely helpful to anyone looking to get away from their current situation and find employment elsewhere in the country.

Glassdoor

Glassdoor is a site much like Monster, but it offers more than being merely a job search site. Current job listings are available, as well as a search by location, but a candidate may also search by salary, find company reviews, and look up interview questions and tips by company. This information is incredibly important, especially the company reviews, because a candidate may read reviews from present and past employees about the company itself. One may find out things such as benefits, complaints, reward opportunities, promotional information, and more through what employees have to say about the company itself. I, specifically, enjoy Glassdoor for its information about current salaries and wages recorded in my industry of choice. The salaries are listed annually, monthly, and by position in the company.

Indeed

I identify Indeed as the site to use when wanting to stay close to home. Though they offer extensive, cross-country job listings, the first location the website lists are your current location found within the location services on your device. It is an easy to read site, much like Monster, which finds positions generally closer to one’s current location. The site also allows a candidate the ability to look by distance, meaning that one can select how far they are willing to travel for a position, and Indeed will prompt job listings which are within the specified distance selected by the candidate. In doing so, this gives a candidate complete control over the job search experience. The site lists clearly the details of each positions, its location, and what skills or requirements are necessary before application. It also has a direct link to the application so a candidate may apply online at any given moment. The site also has an area for uploading a resume, which can be easily transferred to each application submitted.

The aforementioned job sites are my top five search engines for finding employment opportunities. Each site is clean, easy to understand, and offers many different avenues of job discovery when searching for a specific title, location, requirements, skills, or educational means. In utilizing the sites, one may be opened to the world of current job postings, and if a candidate is signed up to receive notifications, he or she can receive emails precisely when new jobs are posted. Every site is an example of proper web building and what it means to use the World Wide Web to find and start building a career.